Clear all

For touring musician as well

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tourdogg)
Topic starter

Listen,

if you are about to go out on tour and have no idea what to do. Visit my website! It's about how to become an artist tour manager, but it also has all the information you will need in order to have a great and enjoyable tour. From how to have a real sound check to knowing what to do at airports. It's a real life approach to traveling and touring with a band.

Been there, done that!

The TourDogg!

Posted : 09/01/2007 10:57 am
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I'm a little skeptical of e-books like this one, mostly because of the pricing. E-book distribution is far cheaper than print, yet e-book courses are priced at 2-5 times that of print publications.

E-book producers argue that the price is justified by the value of the information; after all, you're not paying for mere paper and ink. While that's true, print publications have the advantage of being vetted by editors and publishers, so there's something of a guarantee that people think it's useful.

I haven't read TourDogg's book. Maybe it's worth the money ($47). But if you can find a copy of the out-of-print Musician's Guide to the Road by world-famous vibrophonist Gary Burton, I'd snap up a copy... I paid full price for that one ($8 EDIT: that's 8 dollars - silly emoticon!) 25 years ago, and found it invaluable.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 09/01/2007 1:00 pm
(@tourdogg)
Topic starter

Hello to all!

Skeptical? You don't have to worrie about this! But thank's for the compliment! I was wondering if my product had that professional marketing look or not. As a matter of fact everything you see on the website I did myself, from not knowing html to becoming an webmaster ( Well,still working on the webmaster thing). I'm not some internet Guru just an tour manager that had an Idea!

Hello, this is Larry Stevenson the writter and producer of TourDoggSecrets. I understand what this guy is saying, but you must understand one thing. This is my work and this is not some large company selling you this e-manual. I have worked on this e-manual to bring what I think is important infomation to the person that want's to become an artist tour manager and for the touring musicians as well. I have been out on tours many times and information is priceless when your in a JAM!

This guy pointed out that he read a book that was written 25 yeas ago? I know it's a great book, but things have change a lot in the music industry in the last 25 year's. Now-a-days most tour managers have laptops and with a paper back you can't click on a link can you? My e-manual offers you the opportunity to bring the world to you're fingertips! That's what I had in mind when I wrote this e-manual. "Quick Access to your Information is what's needed today!

As you read my website and see the testimonial's (which are real) These musicians are real musician's and group's that has spent their life on the roads of the world. These are just some of the people I have worked with over my 20 years as an artist tour manager. Not only do I tour manage, but I also stage manage as well. This is my life and I have put what I have learnt and what I have needed to know in order for the show to go on into this e-manual

Not only that, I'm self promoting my work's as well on the internet! Like I say on my website "There are a lot of peopel who wants to tour manage, but just don't know where to start" I have been ask this question many times. This is a niche market and you guy's are also my niche. In this business we all dance together!

As far as the pricing. I feel for what your getting here it's priceless! What I have done is to bring everything under one roof. Like Time zones, passport info, area codes, electrical sockets from around the world, airports info from around the world, and Drum,Guitar,Bass,websites.

P.S I know this is a Guitar forum, but in the music business we all work together right? Not only that, but guitar players need artist tour manager's , guiter tech's, stage manager's and so on!

Thank's
Larry Stevenson
The TourDogg!

http://www.tourdoggsecrets.com

Posted : 16/01/2007 8:23 am