Found a New Tab Site...

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Stumbled upon this site just today... don't know how long it's been around, but it's got some good stuff on it.

http://www.tabble.com/

Posted : 14/04/2006 6:18 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I never knew it existed, either! Thanks for the post! Can always use tab sites!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 14/04/2006 11:12 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

And it doesn't seem to have tons of pop-ups either, which is nice. Thanks for the link. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 15/04/2006 12:25 am
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I think that's only because it's new (for now). I usually use http://www.tabrobot.com , but found that a lot of the sites that are now littered with ads or simply gone.

I think olga is missing now.

Shame all these sites are going down, how is anyone to learn anything without spending hundreds of dollars for books?

Posted : 15/04/2006 1:36 am
(@davidhodge)

I take it I shouldn't count on you buying a book of mine then? :wink:

Peace

Posted : 15/04/2006 2:56 am
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi Dave,

I do buy books, and I'll surely buy yours. Is it out yet?

Kenny

Posted : 15/04/2006 6:00 am
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi Dave,

I just did a quick search and couldn't see it on your site. What's it called?

Kenny

Posted : 15/04/2006 6:04 am
(@davidhodge)

Hi Kenny

The bass book (The Complete Idiot's Guide To Playing Bass Guitar, which is listed on Amazon under my name but with the bio of the authors I took over from - a long and involved story still in the process of being sorted out) won't be out until late summer (they're saying September) and I'm still presenting to various publishers to get a guitar book in the works.

I'm not really worried about it - it's just that people seem to go on sometimes about "free" sites versus books and I've always found it an interesting argument (for both sides). And I'm not looking to turn this into a big discussion one way or the other. Sorry! Should have made absolutely certain everyone knew my post was more or less in jest. :wink:

Peace

Posted : 15/04/2006 6:39 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Kenny

The bass book (The Complete Idiot's Guide To Playing Bass Guitar, which is listed on Amazon under my name but with the bio of the authors I took over from - a long and involved story still in the process of being sorted out) won't be out until late summer (they're saying September) and I'm still presenting to various publishers to get a guitar book in the works.

I'm not really worried about it - it's just that people seem to go on sometimes about "free" sites versus books and I've always found it an interesting argument (for both sides). And I'm not looking to turn this into a big discussion one way or the other. Sorry! Should have made absolutely certain everyone knew my post was more or less in jest. :wink:

Peace

Actually david I think you should post this question in the opinions & polls. It is an interesting topic and deserves a good debate. Easch has advantages and disadvantages. I know I sure would like to read other's opinions on this.

Posted : 15/04/2006 10:09 am