Skip to content
Fretsource tools an...

Notifications
Clear all

Fretsource tools and trainers update (and a request)

20 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Obviously I have the international support always installed and Mac OS uses Unicode fonts. Thus, you will never be troubles with Spaniards that use Mac :lol:

Perhaps you could leave the new symbols and put a note just commenting if anybody has troubles displaying them, they should install the font. Now you know what font is needed.

Posted : 11/12/2008 3:01 pm
(@fretsource)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Good idea Nuno - I think that's what I'll do. Thanks to all who helped.

Meanwhile - anyone else, feel free to use the tools and trainers at http://www.fretsource.com
I think they're very useful, even if I do say so myself :D

Posted : 11/12/2008 4:47 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I think I looked at this long time ago, and noted the lack of bass resources, so I didn't delve any deeper. That's not a complaint. But since you asked so nicely, I went back and looked again.

Some quick comments:

The online tuner should have a bit more sustain for each note. Currently, it doesn't last long enough to get any beat frequencies.

The Fretboard Tab Trainer might be more of a game. Allow the user to type in the letter of the note, or number of the fret, in response to the prompt. Similar to the Interval Trainer.

Very cool utilities.

Posted : 11/12/2008 5:02 pm
(@fretsource)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Laz - I agree the tab trainer should have a user input. When I made it, my Flash skills weren't up to the job. Now they are and I'll include it next time I update it.

I hadn't considered the tuner's notes might be a little longer. I'll give that some thought.

Posted : 11/12/2008 8:20 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I think it is a good idea to combine the staff and the tablature in the same page, I use that type of sheets when I try to figure out songs for the bass. I'm not good with the staff so if I have a doubt, I write the tab quickly and then I write the notes in the staff. I guess it will be the same for guitars.

Posted : 12/12/2008 9:15 pm
Page 2 / 2