Clear all

Great lesson on phrasing

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I am always scanning YouTube for videos of my favorite artists, but there are loads of great lessons too. I happened to run across this lesson on phrasing and thought it was excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZZ_Kpe7dk&mode=user&search=

Not really into this guy's tone, but the lesson is very good. I agree with him, phrasing is the most important aspect of soloing well.

Anyway, thought others might enjoy this lesson.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 28/07/2007 11:22 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I liked how he made some of that stuff up. But, I'm with you on his synth sounds. I was ready to hear some classic rock sound.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 29/07/2007 12:47 am
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Gross tone.

Great lesson though. Thanks Vic.

Posted : 29/07/2007 3:22 am
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

very good Wes but also check this guy out on phrasing...

As the line says

"Every guitar player should be made to watch this video before being allowed to play a guitar solo."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKhSzbhn_oo

Keith

(gives me some good tips on my "call and response" question a few days ago too..)

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

Posted : 29/07/2007 7:49 am
(@corbind)
Noble Member

That really opened up my eyes about soloing (although I only solo at home). WOW. That really makes me think about a a solo should go. Thanks for the post.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 30/07/2007 5:58 am