Well done!

Posted : 04/08/2005 1:45 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Sounds to good to be true.

Can we have a backround check?

Who are you?

What reputable music promotions company?

Why should anyone here trust you?

Posted : 04/08/2005 2:38 am
 TimL
(@timl)
Eminent Member

.to and hotmail.com...reputable? hmmm

We have a client that sends us a few hundred thousand dollars worth of business in a year and still uses hotmail.com as their email. Go figure.

Posted : 04/08/2005 4:48 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

A reputable music company would have identified itself IMTAO.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 04/08/2005 4:15 pm
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

The odd thing is that the website actually appears where he said and at imgmusicpromotions.com. The other thing is that on the contact page (of the webpage he mentioned and the imgmusicpromotions page) there is a mail link that goes to [email protected] instead of to the aforementioned hotmail addy.

There's something rotten in the state of Denmark as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: It looks like their entire page is just a redirect from imgmusicpromotions.com. I cant tell if the submitted form is being redirected, mostly because I dont know enough HTML to fit on the head of a pin (computer slave doesnt mean I can code HTML). I'd assume it's being redirected though, because it does reference a bravenet.com redirect popup of some sort.

Someone with a little more webpage knowlage than me view the source and see if this guy is redirecting inquires. I'm sure that the real IMG Music Promotions would like to know if that's what is happening. If it's them doing something silly, then I wouldnt trust them anyway.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

Posted : 04/08/2005 6:40 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

This guy's spam is on boards all over the place. Here's what I've figured out: the websites (both IMG Music Promotions and Imagine Records, which links from it) are both registered to some guy named T. Buburuz.

Neither IMG Music Promotions nor Imagine Records are listed in the 2005 Songwriters Market or the 2005 Music Yellow Pages (under either record companies or promoters). I didn't find them in the Recording Labels on the Web database either - and they list over 5000 labels.

I only find two releases by Imagine Records on Amazon - one from 1994, the other from 1997. Both are compilation discs.

On another board, a guy had contacted IMG for the 'free' review. I gather from his post that the review is free... but there's a $10 'administration fee'

They appear to market three services: the $10 'free' reviews, a list of contacts in the music industry (they don't say how many) for $40, or 15 submissions to A&R people for $300. Imagine records says (in spam on other boards) they provide free distribution, free promotion, and free radio airplay, 'unlike the major labels'. Ummmm... that's what the major labels do: distribution!. They bill back production costs against royalties, but not distribution costs - that's their business.

As far as the reviews go, any band with a review and a website is gonna make it public, right? So I did a quick Google for Buburuz reviews...

From the Mark J. Stevens website:
"Very original sounding material. Well done Orchestration Production, Instrumentation and overall Musicianship. Mark has an emotion to his vocals that is very rare. He delivers this material very smoothly and confidently. We have found this material to be well written both musically as well as lyrically. In our opinion it would be easily marketed to the right audience of music industry professionals…Very Marketable. T.Buburuz I.M.G. International Marketing Group U.S."

Billy David has this one:
"Billy's material is refreshing both musically as well as lyrically. The best songwriters write about what they know and how they feel. His material is artistic, honest, and heartfelt. This artist is on the right track.
T. Buburuz
IMG WORLD WIDE ( July 5, 2004 )"

From the Michael Hughes Project:
"We have found your material to be above average and quite enjoyable. Great work! Impressive musicianship and vocals, both lead and backing vocals! Very emotional album!! We have found your material to be well written both musically as well as lyrically!! In our opinion your work would be easily marketable to the right audience of music industry professionals!! I can see your material going over well at music publishers as well as record labels!! *Marketable!! (notice the 'well written both musically as well as lyrically' is dead on the same as the first review)

From Universal Habit:
"'Excellent work! Very original sounding material! Well done orchestration and instrumentation! Some really excellent musicianship on this sampler! Strong emotion filled vocals leading - good backing vocals! We have found this material to be well written both musically as well as lyrically! In our opinion this material would be easily marketed to the right audience of professionals including record labels - Indie & Major - as well as publishers and booking agents! *Very Marketable!!"

From Bob Janis:
"Great album !! Every track has its own style and its own voice !! Bob is very versatile both vocally as well as musically. Great mix of instrumentation on this album as well. His music is such that it welcomes a wide audience, not just Country fans." T Buburuz - IMG Canada

From Angie Foster:
"Excellent work...Very original sounding material...Strong yet sensitive leading vocals."
- T. Buburuz - Director of Marketing, IMG

Gosh, they all sound kinda the same, don't they?

Tell ya what - if you need a review, and you don't care that it looks like the other reviews, I'll give you one for $5 (half the price of IMG!). And if you want to shell out $40 for the names of people you can send your recordings to, I'll sell you my slightly used Songwriter's Market for only $35 :)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 04/08/2005 8:00 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Just about any one with a sound click site gets this kind of CRAP from time to time, If it sounds to good to be true.........IT IS :roll:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 04/08/2005 8:42 pm
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

I say we just leave some blanks in one and let people fill in their own names.

_______'s recording was wondermus. If this group/individual (circle one) gets with the proper people to promote their album, it will be on top of the _______ music genre in no time!

Bob Bobman
Bobman Music Reviews LTD.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

Posted : 04/08/2005 8:53 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

A few more... at this point, the artists don't matter - all the reviews are the same anyway (however, every one of his "reviews" I've posted is from a different artist!):

"Great work! Very original sounding material. Well done production, orchestration, instrumentation and over all musicianship. Strong vocals. I love the upbeat positive feel of this album, there should be more artist recording such material. We have found this album to be well written both musically and lyrically..." T. Buburuz, Director of Marketing and Accounting

Review (Aug. 25, 2001) by: T. Buburuz, Director, International Marketing Group (IMG) "Great work ! ! In our opinion your material is well written musically. Very original sounding material ! ! our favorite tracks include #6, DREAMSCAPE, #13, AT MIDNIGHT, and #17, PURPLE RHAPSODY ! ! We feel your material... Well done ! !

Reviewer: T.Buburuz- IMG (Canada)
Good works ! Very original sounding material ! We like the instrumentation,choice of sounds and arrangements ! Intensive vocal mixes-works well with the music. We have found this music to be well written both musically as well as "lyrically" - Alex has found his own style in a mass of genres.

Great work. Very original sounding material. Well done production, instrumentation, orchestration and overall production qualities.
Good hooks and melodies. This band has a great high-energy sound. Strong emotion-filled vocals accompanied by good backing vocals/harmonies.
We have found this material to be well written both musically and lyrically. In our opinion this material would be easily marketed to the right audience of music industry professionals.
Marketable
T. Buburuz - International Marketing Group

"Good Work. Very original sounding material. Well done instrumentation, orchestration, muiscianship, and overall production values. Strong emotion filled leading vocals accompanied by great backing vocals/harmonies. What really makes ScarletTied stand out is their memorable melodies and tight sound. We have found this material to be well written both musically and lyrically. In our opinion, it would be easily marketed to the right audience of music industry professionals, including Record Labels (major and indie)."
-T. Buburuz, Director of Marketing and Accounting International Marketing Group

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 04/08/2005 9:42 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Wow! That looks like "copy and paste" type of material.

Thanks for the research NoteBoat!

Posted : 04/08/2005 9:46 pm
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

like mamma always said " if it looks like crap, smells like crap, guess what?, it's crap"

Posted : 04/08/2005 10:51 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

like mamma always said " if it looks like crap, smells like crap, guess what?, it's crap"

And mamma's ALWAYS right :lol:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 04/08/2005 11:53 pm