Notifications
Clear all

Guitar Picks

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@oldmantime)
Topic starter

I have started making handmade guitar picks that are sweat proof. I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in trying a few out or would like a sample. Check out the webpage I have created to sell them and give some a try, your feedback is appreciated. http://www.shop.guitarhands.com

Posted : 16/03/2011 4:05 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

All the best, OMT. Hope it goes great for you.
Nice website.
Did you design the logo and/or packaging? Looks great.
:)

Don

Posted : 16/03/2011 4:54 pm
(@oldmantime)
Topic starter

I had the logo made professionally but have done everything else on my own. The sticky guitar pick is patent pending and are selling very well in a few stores in Nashville. Thanks for the support!

Posted : 16/03/2011 5:22 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in trying a few out or would like a sample

I would like a sample. Guitar picks are important to me. I am very particular about their construction, the gage, the feel, how they grip and don't slip, and in the various ways of moving or using them, different angles, upside down, producing constant pinch harmonics etc.

I also have a bit of carpal tunnel or tendonitis (don't know which it is) and am 55 years old - I have some difficulty holding a slippery pick, but I make sure I exercise the right arm, and I keep using my hand tools (no power tools) to keep wrenching on cars as I have been doing for 40 years, as a hobby. I hot rod and build guitars too, but what's that got to do with it? :lol:

And cool, I see you are in Minnesota - I recently bought 2 Teles from Andre at Split Rock Guitars in Maple Grove near Minneapolis, where I used to hang out at the fair, raced a car, and also in Superior WI. I'm on Lake Superior too.

I received a sample of DAVA control picks and that didn't do it for me - I can't flip them and do funny things with them, they're designed so conservatively, for grip, regular predicatable playing styles and that's it?

I have a friend (more than 1) disabled from a motorcycle accident and he is unable to use picks. I am an inventor, so quickly designed and built a new ergonomic pick and sent him a few. I'll use them myself some day if I feel I am losing my grip. :shock:

The day may come when when I use my design and start manufacturing. I was shocked by the cost of bulk picks and materials - they are cheaper to buy in the store. Well, actually it was the logo that cost money. I own two websites or exclusive domain names which are for my future use, or for my son, if he wishes to diversify from electronics, and go into simple mechanics and ergonomics, physics, guitar parts and accessories etc.

So, BTW, I have designed a new Telecaster bridge, and the drawings and plans are stored at a company in Monongahela PA, waiting for the go-ahead, but I have legal problems with my ex-wife, she wants a piece of anything I make, and I am so tired of that. We went to court over it just 2 months ago, and I pulled the plug on production; I was planning on making guitars too with Premier Builder's Guild in Pittsburgh, but I have that on hold, I am not inventing or "working" for my ex. She has her lawyer on my case, and is suspect, because she knows that I can invent stuff any time, and bring it to market and make money. Have done it for 25 years?

I use the EB3 Alien Pick, medium, have just lost (given away) the few ergonomic clear red picks (no-name?) which I use and am going to buy more today, along with the pink Dunlops @ .71 mm.

I would like to try your product, and I do not need to steal ideas. I have my ideas, as I say, and watch what I do, even filing my tax returns, my wife audits mine and I see hers. :roll: I guess I need to visit your website again, and correspond.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 18/03/2011 12:19 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Thanks, publicly. We've been in touch, I appreciate the reply and look forward to the samples. I talked to one of our music shops today about them. I needed picks, bought half a dozen 'cuz I end up giving them out. The store has DAVA, and they "get it" - the concept, which is good. :D I didn't need any any new guitars though, at least not brand names, so they forced me to play their best two handmades (here in Thunder Bay, ON) for an hour. :shock: :lol:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 19/03/2011 11:12 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Looks interesting, but I can't get along with the "standard" pick shape. I use jazz picks and some that I have cut myself (either from standard picks or from old credit cards).

I've tried a Dava pick and wasn't too enthusiastic. To make use of the flexibility, you have to hold the pick way too far back for my liking.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 19/03/2011 11:24 pm