Clear all

New finger style lesson

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@planetalk)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

The Weekly Lesson at Guitar for Beginners and Beyond is a look at harmony, using the great chord progression from Hotel California as backdrop. It's a movie/tab/midi/commentary lesson, as usual. There are getting close to 60 others there too, all free.

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/hotcal/ is this week's lesson.

Cheers,

Kirk

Kirk

Posted : 20/09/2005 4:53 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

That's great - an excellent beginner's fingerstyle tune, nicely arranged. More! More!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 20/09/2005 10:32 am
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

fantastic - well done on another great little lesson.

Thanks a lot

Matt

Posted : 20/09/2005 12:21 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I sometimes feel like a drug addict getting a weekly fix when Kirk puts out a new lesson.
Thanks Kirk I am all set for another week :wink:

Posted : 20/09/2005 6:50 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i just saw his classical guitar lessons and now i know i know ABSOLUTLY NOTHING about classical.I can only do a bit of fingerpicking and strum chords :cry:

Posted : 20/09/2005 6:59 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i just saw his classical guitar lessons and now i know i know ABSOLUTLY NOTHING about classical.I can only do a bit of fingerpicking and strum chords :cry:
If you are interested in learning to play fingerstyle, Kirks website is the place to go.

Posted : 20/09/2005 7:04 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

If you are interested in learning to play fingerstyle, Kirks website is the place to go.
His videos are good but too short and too fast.its not in my metier to possibly LEARN from them.They are catchy and only tell me how much more well i can play my classical guitar.And that i have some years to go before i can play anything as good like there. :oops: :)

Posted : 20/09/2005 7:09 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

The videos are just a refference point. I read the text about the lesson and concentrate on the tab. When I have trouble at any certain part I watch the video to see how he did it.
Also there is a wide range of skill levels in his song lessons. I can play most of them, some are hard some easy, and some I just can't play.
"Summer Time" is one example. I can play the first few bars but quickly realise that song is above my current ability.
If you are not ready for fingerstyle yet, come back later, but don't assume it will be years.
I have been playing 11 months myself and if I can get where I am with my guitar playing, anyone can.

Posted : 20/09/2005 7:50 pm