Skip to content
New site showing ch...

Notifications
Clear all

New site showing chords and scales, feedback requested!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi all,

First post I know, but I will stick around, promise :lol: I've been lurking a couple of weeks while I finished this off:

I've put together a site for use by guitarists/songwriters, ChordsAndScales.co.uk, and I'm looking for feedback before giving it a big publicity push. It was originally planned for my own use (ie, it does exactly what I need it to do, things that weren't available from the other similar sites), but it was always planned to be made available to the public and I've done that, I'm hoping to expand it to be a more well-rounded guitarist's tool.

The site shows all notes in a specified chord or scale, all laid out graphically on a fretboard. The fretboard can be altered to any tuning.

There's also a powerful search feature - you enter notes and it will return
a) All chords and scales that are exact matches;
b) All chords and scales that include all those notes, and any others;
or c) All chords and scales that can be made with those notes and no more.

From the list of search results, you can click a link and have those notes loaded into the note viewer.

Please let me know what you think, what you think could be improved, and what you'd like to see added.

(One note: Some kind of midi so you can hear the notes you have is not really an option at the moment due to the high bandwidth it would consume - this may change in the future, but it might also have to come at the expense of putting up with advertising - it's been thought of and is on the 'thinking about it' list :) )

Hope you enjoy,

Chords and Scales.co.uk

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 06/02/2006 11:05 pm
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This is good stuff - I use both JGuitar and QuickScales on a regular basis, and it looks like I can now use just the one!

Keep up the good work ...

Mike

Posted : 08/02/2006 3:19 pm