(@madguitar)
Topic starter

hello i found this super school in internet ,enjoy
http://www.rockschool.ruiluis.com

:lol:

Posted : 08/09/2005 11:33 am
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member

Hi, welcome to Guitarnoise forums. After looking at the site, I assume that it is yours, so I'll offer a bit of unsolicited advice. State up front that it is your site and offer some information about who you are and the lessons you are offering, that way everyone has a chance to develop a certain comfort level with it. That creates an opportunity for dialogue and it doesn't look like a drive-by spamming.

Good luck.

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

Posted : 08/09/2005 2:44 pm
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member

Oh, and if I assumed wrong, I apologize.

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

Posted : 08/09/2005 2:47 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I kind of got the same impression but was not sure. He has just posted twice with the same post in 2 different places. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt since he said he "found" it.

The site has potential but I don't want to pay to find out. The one lesson I saw was more of a watch me which I don't deal with well. Maybe I didn't watch enough of it.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 08/09/2005 3:21 pm
(@mr_clean001)
Estimable Member

I'm with Nils....I don't do the "Watch me play" thing really well. Show me once and then let me figure it out....not sure about taking lessons over the Internet for guitar....too much interaction with my teacher on the fly.

"Practice until you get a guitar welt on your chest...if it makes you
feel good, don't stop until you see the blood from your fingers.
Then you'll know you're on to something!"
- Ted Nugent

Posted : 08/09/2005 4:05 pm
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member

It actually wouldn't be too bad for the price, I'm really one of those kinds of people who don't mind the "watch me" style, but he's got a few production quality issues to deal with first, like lighting, getting the camera in close enough to show useful images (but not doing belt buckle shots either) and breaking the subject matter up into small, logical steps for people to follow.
I also think he needs to put some material out there at no charge in the begining so people can judge whether it's going to be useful to them.
(But I really have no opinion about it.)

Posted : 08/09/2005 5:46 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I'm less than impressed.

Ok, so you 'found' it. Even though every page in that domain was created yesterday. And it's a 'super school', even though there aren't any lessons until October... and you have to pay for those.

Oh, there's a guest section, that you need to register for. So I did, joining the myriad others (well, 77 others - there's a member counter on the parent domain, ruiluis.com, and I'm #78). That lets me into the demo section, which includes:

One video on touch harmonics. A riff is shown, then repeated four times with a harmonic and no explanation. Then there's an explanation "first I pick the string, then I touch" with nothing about where to touch - folks who don't know what and where harmonic nodes are will not be able to duplicate the technique.... and you MISS the node right after saying "then I touch" (which you try to make up for by playing it several times rapidly right after that)

There's a forum for discussion of the lesson... with zero messages.

There's a chat room to talk about it... with no one there.

And there's a schedule that will be filled in with one new lesson each week, with no clue as to what the future lessons might be.

Sorry, but my definition of a 'super school' doesn't seem to match yours.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 08/09/2005 6:05 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

One more thing...

I can understand the first e-mail, asking me to confirm my registration. I can understand the second one, welcoming me to your site.

But when you sent a third e-mail (a second, different 'welcome' one) two hours later, it starts getting annoying.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 08/09/2005 7:39 pm