Clear all

site for learning classic guitar for beginers

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@nader)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Here is site http://www.nadercg.com for leraning beginers for classic guitar icluding:

- How to read music : explanation with note and animation pic

- Technique :how to play the famous technique like slide. glissando, hammer on. trill, tremolo.....etc and clarify them by animation and video

- Studies :play simple notes of some famous composer like Fernando Sor ,mauro juliani ..etc with noation and video and update this part from time to time by add a new work (notation)

- Score : this part including famouse songs that every one looking to play them like Romance for anonym , Lagrima for Tarrega
and explanation this song by notation and video for every part of it , and update this part from time to time by add a new score

- Scales and chords ; explanation about scales and chord

Good luck

Posted : 18/10/2006 12:29 am
(@alangreen)

Can I make a suggestion or two - Sitting Position, and the for's and against's of footstools and guitar rests; things like the Ergoplay

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 18/10/2006 11:30 am
(@nader)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm thinking about this ,thank you for your suggestion

Posted : 21/10/2006 4:09 am
(@alangreen)

I downloaded a couple of the vids too - "mordent" and "inverted mordent". Tremelo later - mine could do with some work.

Now, I know what you're talking about and I know what you're doing on these particular vids, but there are people who don't and won't, and I think it could have been ever so good if you'd had some slo-mo and some close-ups of each hand in the vid downloads.

At the same time, I appreciate that I might be asking for perfection and nasty things like budgets often intrude on what you want to do. It's a very good site, and could become a must-visit site for classical guitar. The format and the layout are good. I liked the link to Delcamp. Your site could be really really really good. Just go for it, dude.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 21/10/2006 7:51 pm
(@nader)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

yesI'm with you, it'll be more clearly if I had the video more close. but only if I use the video to explanation how to play it ,but if the student read the text and see the note below it,the study will be very easy for him to know how to play it .

Posted : 22/10/2006 6:20 am
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I just skimmed through a page or two, and it looks well designed. But then I started to read through a random section - Fingerboard position - and there are a lot of errors that will confuse people.

1. The text for the semi-barre describes the index finger fretting three strings; the illustration shows four strings.

2. The symbol 4/6 has nothing to do with hand position; it means the chord is voiced with notes a fourth and sixth above the root. Since the hand position depends on what the chord is, you can't infer position from the numbers alone.

3. The hand position in that illustration matches the written notes... but the notes do not match the chord symbol above it. The notes (and illustration) show a D7 chord; the symbol shows C7. [Edit: I looked again, and realized that the C7 is an indication for a seventh fret barre rather than a chord symbol; this shows why classical scores use Roman numerals rather than Arabic, to avoid confusion. In fact, in those classical scores that I have using Arabic numerals, they aren't shown with C - they're abbreviated "3rd pos." etc.]

4. In the text description for that example, it says you put your finger at the fourth fret of the sixth string; the illustration shows a partial barre from the seventh fret of the fourth string - the illustration is correct.

5. Also for that example, the standard notation contains a fingering instruction using the third finger used to fret the C note, but the illustration shows the second finger being used instead.

There are other errors too - under glissando, the note should be held for the value of the large note, not the small one; legato is not indicated as shown in your music (that's a quasi arpi; legato is indicated by a curved line over a phrase).

It looks like the start of a good site, but a lot of things need to be cleaned up and corrected.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 22/10/2006 1:41 pm
(@nader)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

In the first thank you very mush for your interesting

As for item 1: yes you are right ,I fixed it up to be more clearly although there are many notes use this symbol to indicate for 4 strings

As for item 2 : 4/6 means(in classic notation guitar) you must put your hand only on fourth strings from six strings, not as you said

As for item 3: C7 not mean a chord in the classic notaion guitar this another way to numbering on the note instead of roman numerous

As for item 4 : as I said before in the item 2, "4/6 " is a symbol of strings and the "C7" mean put yuor fingeron the seventh fret

As for item 5: yes you are right, I fixed it up

As for glissando : the phrase was not clear, I made it more clearly

As for legato : there are many way to indicated it in th note , so I use this way only to clarify how to play the legato

Thank again

Posted : 25/10/2006 7:49 am
(@fretsource)
Prominent Member

I agree with the others. You have a lot of good information and this could become a very useful site. And like the others, I'd like to draw your attention to some problem areas.

Staccato:
Place the dots above the notes, not behind them.

Tremolo:
Your diagram is misleading as it implies the thumb plays no part in it. Standard tremolo (as your video shows) uses the thumb and that should be made clear.

Free stroke:
I disagree that free stroke must use nails only. As with rest stroke, nail and fingertip may be used. And some players don't use nails at all.

Grace notes
You've shown both the appoggiatura and acciaccatura with identical symbols. You should place a stroke through the acciaccatura to distinguish them. It's true that in modern notation the stroke is often omitted but that's because appoggiaturas are always written out in full these days.
Also, as you say, an appoggiatura takes up half the note value of the principal note, but if the principal note is dotted, the appoggiatura takes two thirds of the value.

Melodic minor scale.
You've shown only the ascending form, but in the field of classical guitar study students are expected to play both ascending and descending forms.

Intervals
C to G# is properly called an augmented fifth, not a minor sixth

Fingerboard position: 4/6
Your explanation is saying something different than what you intended. You are saying "place your first finger on the fourth fret of the sixth string", but what you mean is "place your first finger across four of the six strings" - in this case at the seventh fret.

Legato
NoteBoat's right - you shouldn't use that example to demonstrate legato, even though the notes of a chord played this way are smoothly connected. Use the proper legato symbol between two notes (preferably on the same string) so that everyone will know exactly what it means.

Good luck with your site - it could become a valuable resource for many students.

Posted : 25/10/2006 1:06 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

1. Regarding fingerboard position - I've checked a large number of classical guitar scores I have, and I do find tremendous variety. In music published in the US, 'C' (for the Spanish 'ceja') is used most often; 'B' (for the French 'barre') is sometimes used.

I do find scores noted '5CIII' (barre five strings) or '1/2 CVII' (partial barre - not always literally half the strings, but always using open notes), but I don't find any scores using a fraction other than 1/2. I did find exactly one web reference to 4/6 as you describe it, so some publisher has probably used it... but it's not widespread.

There are several things that make your example a very bad one:

- The description you use: in the 4th part we see ( 4/6 ) , it means that you must put your first finger on the fourth fret of the sixth string. The first finger is not on the fourth fret (it's on the seventh), and it's not on the sixth string (it's on the fourth). That leaves me trying to figure out what you mean.

- The fact that '4/6' is a standard way of writing a particular seventh chord inversion - and the written example IS a 4/6 inversion of the chord

- The fact that '7' is a universal way of writing a dominant chord, and the example IS a dominant chord.

Since your description doesn't match the illustration, that leaves me searching for what you mean - did you mean the first finger is placed on the fourth string? That matches the illustration... but in sixth position that would be a Db7 chord. Combining that with the 'C7' position description, and the D7 chord in the notation is VERY confusing!

2. As for legato playing, 'legato' describes a performance style in which the notes are connected. It is true that there are many phrasing marks that result in legato - including the quasi arpi - but when describing 'legato' in general, musicians are describing ONLY the fact that notes are tied together in performance - and that is indicated by the curved phrasing mark (a 'legato line') above the phrase.

Other technques like quasi arpi, portamento, glissando, slurs, grace notes, etc. will result in the notes tied together - but they are not simply other ways of writing legato; legato results from the correct performance of the particular notation. Any standard music dictionary will back me up on this.

3. Fretsource is right on the melodic minor - if it isn't shown descending, it could be interpreted as the 'jazz melodic minor'. The classical melodic minor must be shown both ascending and descending.

I looked at your site a little more, and found other items...

4. Under 11th chords, you mention 11ths don't usually have a 9th. Chords missing a 9th are usually noted as 7/11 chords. The note most often left out of an 11th chord voicing isn't the 9th - it's the 3rd. In effect, this gives you a dominant seventh chord built on the fifth, combined with a root note on the bass: C-(E)-G-B-D-F = G7 with a C bass. Because it includes a G7 chord, we clearly hear this as a dominant chord type. If the chord includes the third, there is a b2 or b9 interval created between the third and 11th (E-F) which is unpleasant... that's why the 3rd is usually dropped.

5. Under added chords, you show 'add2' - the preference for writing this is always 'add9'.

6. In your chord tables, you show 'add' combined with dominant chords, and that's never done - the purpose of using 'add' is to indicate a voicing without a seventh (Cadd9 vs. C9). This results in chords that are confusing - you show C+9add4. What's wrong with C+11?

7. You use the '-' sign to indicate a diminished chord. That's incorrect. The symbol '-' is used extensively in jazz charts to show a lowered third - a minor chord without an altered fifth.

8. Other chord formulas you show are simply ridiculous... 11add6? Hello? That's a 13th chord! And you have maj11sus2, which you say includes the 2nd, but not the 9th??? There are plenty more examples in your charts - these are chords that do NOT appear in printed music. Unfortunately, interpretations like these are all over the internet. Please don't spread the ignorance.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 25/10/2006 4:27 pm
(@nader)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

As for .. Staccato, Tremolo, Free stroke, Melodic minor scale, Fingerboard position: 4/6 ... now they becam
better.

As for .. legato : I use this way to show how it will be the legato
As for .. Intervals C to G# is properly called an augmented fifth, not a minor sixth ..I wrote below in augmented part
this information

As for .. Barre C7 ; in the classical notation music for the guitar, there are no thing called CHord.
so check this link to know more about C7 and 4/6 ... http://www.mangore.com/aranjuez_concerto.html

As for .. the page in the scale chords I try to make it better .

Posted : 28/10/2006 9:39 am