Clear all

Workshop Live

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@shan65)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Has anyone else checked out this new site by National Guitar Workshop. It has a bunch of teachers doing video lessons and a lot more. They have a little tour you can take to check it out. Seems pretty cool. Kinda pricey but I guess its cheaper than lessons. And anothere interesting thing my old teacher from San Diego does lessons on it. Pretty cool. Worth looking at.

http://workshoplive.com

Posted : 09/01/2006 4:21 am
(@davidhodge)

You can also read about them in my local paper (courtesy of a thread from the Celt):

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20525&sid=b33189f8f0b0d23919c589c4ca99ce21

Peace

Posted : 09/01/2006 1:46 pm
(@hughbeaumont)

I signed up for a month membership a few weeks ago

I thoroughly enjoyed their advanced jazz lessons, especially those by Jody Fisher-- just fantastic lessons. That is a genre I'm just starting to get interested in. Those in themselves made the month membership more than worth it to me. They also have some advanced bending technique lessons which were very insightful. I'm glad I signed up for the membership, however I won't be renewing it at this time. I think they need some time to grow there content a little more. They say they have hundreds of lessons up but many of the lessons are geared more for the beginner to beginner-intermediate, which doesnt suit my needs. Also many of the lessons don't have the tab up yet that goes along with it.

I do plan on checking up on them in about 6 months to a year to see how much content they added. If they deliver what they say they will, it could be something really fantastic. I think they need more time to grow and get the kinks out

Posted : 10/01/2006 8:47 pm
(@shan65)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thats kinda what I was thinking of doing. Waiting for a few months and then trying it out. Thanx for the info though. I was hoping someone had first-hand experience with it.

Posted : 10/01/2006 9:00 pm