Clear all

Acoustic amp for use with Taylor 414CE

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@timtaylor)
Topic starter  

Hi All!

I'm looking for recommendations on a mid-range acoustic amp to use with my new Taylor 414CE with their ES pickup system (low impedance, balanced output).

I don't need a lot of power...50-100 watts should be plenty. My main concern is good tone reproduction. Two channels would be preferred.....

Thanks for your help!

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Fender makes an amp tailored  ;) to acoustics.  It's got an odd name with "acoustic" in it.  Brain lock - I can't remember the name.  But it sounded very good to me, and to an accomplished musician as well.

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Here's a few to research on. In the mid price range.

Marshall AS100D Acoustic Combo Amplifier

Fender Acoustasonic SFXII Acoustic Amplifier

Crate CA125D Tri-Amped Acoustic Amplifier

Ultrasound 50-watt Acoustic Amplifier w/Digital Reverb & Effects

Anyone of them would work fine. I played with a guitarist a few weeks back that had an acoustic amp that sounded great. But I can't remember what it was, it sound really clean and clear. It may have been that crate, Sorry.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@timtaylor)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the input!

I did a search for reviews on the amps you mentioned & it gives me a good place to start.

One other I've added to the list is the Genz-Benz Shenandoah 100.

The next couple weekends I intend to spend some time with my guitar at a few local shops &  check out as many as possible and see how they sound. I'll take good notes & post here if anyone's interested.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Good luck on your quest. thats a great idea to try as many out as you can, that way while your trying them out you'll hear and feel one that just says I'm the one.

Joe

ReplyQuote