Skip to content
AD15VT Valvetronix ...

Notifications
Clear all

AD15VT Valvetronix 15W Amp, any one ever had or played one?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@guitarmonkey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I am thinking about getting this after i try it out at a guitar center. Anyone have one or know someone who does? Or have you ever played one? Also any good tube amps with effects that fall into the price range from $0-$250? I am on a veery tight budget being as its my birthday and i dont have a job

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You may want to check your post "Need a new amp but which one?"

I posted a few different amps to think about. Tube Amp first then effects. With a tube amp you can get some great sounds and tone without all the effects, just by turning a few controls on the amp will allow you to sound many different ways. back when I started out we didn't have all the cool toy's like there are now, so we used your imagination and amp controls to flavor our sound and tone.

I'm not saying effects aren't great, Lord Knows I have and use tons of them. The main foundation is built around that great tube sound and tone. Then I add effects.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

You are close to being able to afford a Fender Pro Junior. They sell for $299. at Guitar Center or Musician's Friend, or Music 123.

The Pro Junior is a very simple straight ahead tube amp. It is 15 Watts. Look up the reviews on Harmony Central. People who own these amps love them. It will get you a great blues tone. If you play a small or medium club you can crank them into saturation.

Later on you could pick up a distortion pedal to get more modern sounds.

One place I have been shopping lately is Instrument Exchange. It's E-Bay for musicians. Very few people know about it. Unlike E-Bay, you rarely get overbid. I've picked up some real bargains.

Instrument Exchange

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote