Clear all

American Deluxe...looking for amp suggestions

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rjnix_0329)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have been playing acoustic guitar for almost a year and have recently stumbled into some money. I have pretty much decided that I want to get an American Deluxe Strat, but as I have only played acoustic, I have no experience with amps. I am looking for something relatively affordable...I don't need a gig amp yet, just something to practice with. I would like to be able to get some tone variation out of it...I mostly play blues and classic rock stuff, but I wouldn't mind being about to get some nice sounds out of it. I have somewhat of a predisposition towards Marshall, but that is no an absolute. I am thinking I want an amp in the 300 dollar range, but that is negotiable. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Thanks,

RJ

vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Roland Cube 30 or the VOX AD30VT are pretty flexible modeling amps. If you want smaller for more portability, they have 15W versions as well. Given your budget you can easily get either one. I have the VOX, I really like it. I think the modeling is very good. The Roland has a "jam along" aux input, which the VOX does not. I miss that feature, but I think I like the models on the VOX a bit better...

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

You might consider one of those epiphone valve junior heads everyone here is Ga-Ga about,
serious bang for your bucks and plenty loud.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Tube-Amplifier-Head?sku=482069

use it with an ext cab like this and you're still in under $300
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-1X12-Extension-Cab?sku=481026

#4491....

ReplyQuote