Clear all

Behringer Super-x 2310? HELP

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I purchased one and it's not working like I'm expecting. Never used one!

I want to run 2way stereo.

I set it for that, set my cut frequency, I come out of the "High" side into Channel A of amp1, then Out of the other "High" side into CH B of amp 1, then I come out of the "LOW" sides to their respectable channels on amp 2. Now I should have a crossed over system. But I'm losing my mids all I have is highs and muddy lows.

Now from what I know a three way system is Highs to one map Mids to another, lows to another, but i'm running two way so I should have Highs/Mids to one amp, and lows to the other. But what am I doing wrong?

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

leear

I own one of these and it works well, but I haven't used it in months, so I had to go look at the manual. Had to read it a few times myself. :roll:

In Stereo mode, your crossover control controls Lows/Highs. Now go to section 3.4 of your manual. You have two options, 44Hz-930Hz range and 440Hz-9.3kHz range. Note that the second set of numbers is ten times greater than the first. Well, in Stereo, then that control is obviously selecting the 440Hz-9.3kHz range. These are the numbers in black surrounding the control. So, if you set your crossover at the 9 o'clock position, it's going to send 600Hz and lower to the Lows output, 600 Hz and above to the Highs output. To me, this would be best for a system with seperate speakers for your Mids, and seperate horns for your Highs (3 way system). You would set the crossover at say, 3.2kHz, sending everything below this (Lows output)to your Mids speakers, and everything above this (Highs output) to the horns exclusively. Then use the Subwoofer out to send your Lows (which also has a crossover control between Lows and Mids) to your subs.

The term Lows/Highs is misleading, and this is where the problem lies. It probably should be called Mids/Highs for Stereo mode, although 440 Hz is pretty low. But for all practical purposes, in Stereo mode you are seperating your Mids from your Highs, not your Lows from your Highs. Hope that isn't confusing.

In Mono, your crossover would operate Lows/Mids. That has to be 44Hz-930Hz. So at the same 9 o'clock position it's going to send 60Hz and below to the Lows output, 60 Hz and above to the Highs output. Now, this would be good if you were sending the Lows (Lows output)to a subwoofer, and sending the Mids and Highs (Highs output)to a full range speaker. The full range speaker would send the Mids to the woofer, and the built in crossover would send the Highs to the horn.

If you have full range speakers and subs, I would use Mono (Lows/Mids)and set the crossover frequency where you want to seperate your Lows from your Mids, say 250Hz just for example. Now use your Lows output (250Hz and below)to go to the amp powering your subs, and use your High output (250Hz and above)to send the Mids (but including the Highs) to the amp powering your full range speakers. The full range speaker will seperate and send the Mids to the woofer, the Highs to the horn.

Anyway, I think I've got that right. I set my system up several years ago and haven't really used my bigger PA with the crossover in about a year, so I had to re-read the manual to figure it out. I used to use Mono mode with the crossover set around 250Hz, I would send the Lows to the amp powering our subs, the Mids (but coming out of the Highs output) to the amp powering our full range speakers.

Hope that helped.

Edit: I just realized you want to run stereo. :roll:

Well, still use Mono mode, but send Side A out of your mixer to the crossover on the left, send Side B out of your mixer to the crossover on the right. Send Side A (Highs output)to the amp that powers your speakers on the left, Side B (Highs output)to the amp that powers the speakers on the right. You will have stereo

For your subs, you could use the Lows output from either Side A or B to go the amp powering your subs, or you could simply use the Sub output, doesn't matter. People cannot detect the direction of Lows anyway.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

That worked thanks wes

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

ReplyQuote