Blackstar amps

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Recently I was in a store asking for cables (they keep selling my favorite brand) and as I was also looking for small practice amps they recommended the Blackstar.

Darth Ordinary has posted a picture with one of this amps so... are you happy with the amp? Does anybody else use these amps?

(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

I have the Blackstar HT1 (they also do a HT1R with reverb). I love it - no frills, solid build, looks and feels 'quality', dead easy to use - the ISP tone control goes from 'Brit' at one extreme to 'American' at the other, I usually live in the middle. Very loud for it's size yet very precise and articulate, a little 'boxy' maybe with the small size but can plug into a cab-I would love to pair it with the Ht408 4 x 8 cab that matches it. Monstrous amount of switchable gain so can cover cleans through snarly crunch to metal tones. It's a great little amp, recommended!

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thank you! It was the first time I was in that store. The salesman seemed very kind and it has very good stuff but I had never heard the brand.

I was looking for a small practice amp, I needed a second amp, my "main" is a small Fender tube amp. Finally I bought a Fender Mustang. It is an "Ok" amp for practicing but the Blackstar is in my list when I have to replace the tube amp.

ReplyQuote
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

Cannot recommend it enough. Loads of demo videos on youtube. Our resident pro guitarist at work has one of their 'full size' amps (amongst many others) and loves it. Best little amp I've ever had.

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

ReplyQuote