Skip to content
Clean/Distortion bu...

Notifications
Clear all

Clean/Distortion button switches on it's own Need help, Why?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@midwestguitarman)
Topic starter  

I have a Crate G130C XL Combo Amp (130W 2x12"). This only happens when it's on the clean channel. I'll be playing for awhile and the the amp switches over to distortion by itself for a few seconds and then back. I don't have any pedals/switches hooked up to the amp. Should I first consider switching out the button/switch or might it be a different issue with the amp. I don't know where to start.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Eric

(@soundsgood)
Trusted Member

sounds like your switch,if you can take it out and clean and inspect it prob. a easy fix good luck

gibsonSG standard/gallagher"doc watson" acoustic

ReplyQuote
(@onprcntr)

You have bigger problems than you think your amp has stage 1 cancer and it will only get worse. mine started the same way. there is a resistor in your power amp stage that is overheating causing the switch to short and that resistor problem is affecting the output transistors. call crate, they took my amp chassis and tested or replaced whatever components were needed for 60 bucks plus whatever your cost to get it there I live near st louis so I dropped it off and they shipped it back for free send it to them you wont be sorry

ReplyQuote