Delay pedal question please help guys and gals

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi All

Some of you might know i am going through a bit of a U2 phase at the moment.

Seems to me that without a delay pedal, i have no chance of recreating Edge's sound in any way.

So, my question to you is -

I have been looking at a Boss DD3 or DD6 pedal. But they are expensive....so can anyone recommend something that's cheaper and will do a similar job? It must have a range of delay on it and be reliable.

Wes do Behringer's pedals perform??

Cheers

Matt

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

If you decide to spend for the DD6, make sure you consider the Line 6 Echo Park -- it's closely related to the Line 6 DL4 delay modeler -- one of the very best modern multi-FX delays around.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

I was looking at delay pedals a while back - there was a good article in GP a month or two ago. For what you want I don't know that you're going to get much cheaper than the Boss pedals, and I think what gnease said about the Echo Park is right on - if I was going to buy a delay pedal to do that sort of stuff it's the one I'd get.

I seriously considered the Rocktron "Short Timer" - it's about $60 - but I doubt it's what you're after, it just does simple slapback echos.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

When considering delay units, one should get one that has some kind of reference to how much the milliseconds can be adjusted. Different milliseconds of delay can make a big difference. Short echo's will give you a doubling effect, where as a 750ms will create some rather great sound. Also being able to seperate the wet and dry signals is a real plus, along with stereo.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@mad_guitarist)
Eminent Member

if you're looking for cheaper side of things, there's arion

digital
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Effects?sku=150508

stereo
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Effects?sku=150516

not much for features, but what would you expect for $30?

I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play.

— Ozzy Osbourne

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I tried the Behringer. It's nothing spectacular but nothing raelly wrong with it either. Try it out and see if you like it. I've got a few billion delay units so I didn't really need it, but it would have done the trick I guess.

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

Behringer DD100 - best value around - versatile, very decent sound. Separate level and feedback controls, 3 different modes, mono/stereo delay. Well made, too.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

The Danelectro PB & J (peanut butter and jelly) delay is an excellent delay. I own one of these and it really works well.

Danelectro PB & J Delay Pedal

Check out the sound clips.

This pedal gives you the choice of fast or slow delay, so you can have 2 different delays available at all times.

This pedal also makes an outstanding Reverb pedal. Many buy it for this purpose alone. It will make your amp sound like a great Fender reverb, no kidding.

The only downside is that this pedal is one of their small pedals. So it takes a little footwork which switching between the fast and slow delays.

If you search other sites you can get it for about $10 less than shown here (but check the shipping charge).

You can get it for about 1/2 price on EBay.

Other than that, this is a great pedal that really works very well.

Edit- found this nice deal on EBay

Danelectro PB & J

Shipping is about $5-6 for this.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote