Clear all

Does anyone know of a...

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

...Handheld unit (wireless) that allows you to walk around the floor of a venue and adjust mixer settings remotely? This is for setups where the mixer is not already out on the floor somewhere, and there isn't a guy to run sound. You know, you go out there with your unit and adjust some digital type controls and there's some sort of bypass at the mixer that allows you to make changes - not necessarily motorized controls, but just bypassing the physical switches and whatnot?

Thanks

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I don't know of anything like that, but it's a pretty good idea. Hurry up and invent it before Nick gets wind of this! :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 ajp
(@ajp)

I have set up this with a digital console being controled by a Windows XP computer, and then a laptop or palm running remote desktop over a wireless network. The problem is that it requres two computers , a wireless network, and a digital console.

Peace, Aaron

http://www.allaccessaudio.com

ReplyQuote
(@drgonzo)
Eminent Member

and the fact that PC-based digital consoles suck...

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

and the fact that PC-based digital consoles suck...
Aw com-on. Just because you are new there is no reason why you can't tell us how you really feel :lol:

By the way, welcome to GN.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@drgonzo)
Eminent Member

point and click mixing? purrlease! you've got two guitarists going hell for leather trying to outdo each other in the "who can feed back at the highest volume possible" game, and you've got to reduce both the volume and change the eq as quick as possible? it aint gonna work buddy!

even the large format digital FOH boards i've used are a bit fiddly. and, given midas's tendency to break just as the headliners hit that first chord, i'm not really digging the digital revolution. yet.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Think Midi. I believe all the equipment we have is Midi compatable. Console, Signal Processors, Eq's. I make adjustments in real time to my guitar rack with Midi, I even have my laptop connected thur the Midi ports. That way I can adjusted parameters with a click of the mouse.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@drgonzo)
Eminent Member

but, do you really need to? really?

call me old fashioned, but i much preferr a rough-at-the-edges live sound to a studio-replicant cd mix. there's just so much more feeling in it when you can hear the imperfections but it still WORKS.

ReplyQuote