Clear all

Fender G-DEC?

14 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@dagwood)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Anyone seen,heard, played or bought this lil amp?
Seems like a great culmination of technology packed into a lil package.
Also seems like it'd cater to those of us with A.D.D. hehehe :twisted:

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Have seen them in several stores recently, but still not heard a one. Much smaller than I expected -- though I can't tell you why I had any size expections to start.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@voodoochildtwj)
Trusted Member

i personaly wouldn't get one i would get a Line 6 Spider 2 and save up for a loop staion

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I've played one a couple of times at a store near me. They sound great, and the features are awesome. Nice effects, good distortion sounds, and you can change tempo/style of the backing loop. Good drum and bass sounds, not cheesy. I have 3 amps, and my 10 year old son has a fender practice amp, but now he is saving for the G-DEC, and you just may catch me jaming on it from time to time also! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Here is a link to see it in action - Fender G-Dec Click - "See it in action".

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Excellent site at Fender.com. I saw an ad in one of the Guitar Mags and went out there the other day to check it out.

That thing sounds like fun, I guess I'll have to break down and get to GC and noodle on one for a lil bit.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I guess I'll have to break down and get to GC and noodle on one for a lil bit.

It's great to come here or Harmony Central and get general opinions but, it always comes down to trying it out for yourself to see if you like it or not.

Happy testing!

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Looks and sounds like a fascinating amp. Would cut down on extra pieces of equipment by having everything in one. It still will take practice to play like the guitarist giving the demonstration.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

Seems pretty cool. I do have a little hesitation, though - in a way it seems like the guitar equivalent of a Hammond organ.

Remember those commercials back in the '70's where they'd show how you could play with one finger? You'd set the organ on "Samba", turn on the maraccas, set the snare drum to brushes and off you'd go.

I'm afraid if I got a G-DEC that in six months I might find myself sitting up in the middle of the night playing "Girl from Ipanema" on my strat.... :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'm afraid if I got a G-DEC that in six months I might find myself sitting up in the middle of the night playing "Girl from Ipanema" on my strat.... :wink:
Heyyyy I like that song!!! Hehehehehe :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Heyyyy I like that song!!! Hehehehehe :lol: :lol:

It is a cool tune ... and I have played it on a Strat.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

It is a cool tune ... and I have played it on a Strat.

Yeah, I know, but with the maraccas and the samba beat and the brushes on the cymbals all switched on, it just feels like I'd be going to a lounge where I just wouldn't, well, you know, fit in....

ReplyQuote
(@mushin)
Eminent Member

Well,

I actually expected my first post to be a question rather than feedback but any way here goes...

I recently bought a second hand Godin guitar (extremely happy with) and picked up this little GDEC amp as a practice amp. I am still an extremely new newby- mainly been working on the acoustic (Fender) since early this year.

Comments about the Amp- Generally pretty good- you can output direct to midi, have 2 guitar inputs or other second device- eg CD/ MP3 etc, you can plug head phones into it or another amp for that matter if you want the effects to come through something a little bigger. ( I plugged the headphoe jack into my Home Stereo and worked fine).

Only set back with this amp is the acoustic amp setting. Open strings distort. This is with low settings also. It can be a little frustrating when you are just practising some clean rythm sounds. I actually took it back to the shop as I thought it was defective. The guy told me another guy had rought one in with the same complaint a few days earlier. He had rang FENDER and made them aware but there was nothing to come of it.

To overcome it, I select a different amp style (Say Black face 1) and adjust settings accordingly. Its not quite the acoustic sound, but it is going to give me a lot more to play with when a learn some more and am looking for backing tracks etc. It has so many features that ta lot of trial and error will be the only way to find what works.

Hope this helps.

Mick

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

There is a forum just for the G-DEC which has some good information:

G-DEC Forum

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

ReplyQuote