Clear all

Fender Pro Junior

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I'm thinking about buying a Fender Pro Junior. All the reviews look great on Harmony Central...

What do you guys think about having an amp that only has a Volume Knob, Tone Knob, On/Off switch and an Input Jack?

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

It's a good amp with a great sound, but it is not for every style -- best for blues, classic/blues/country rock. It gets in to its crunchy sounds pretty early on the volume control. This is good for most of the styles just mentioned.

I've been told by pros, that tje Pro Jr. has often been used in recording. Last time I did serious amp buying, it was between the Pro Jr. and Blues Jr. I opted to pay the extra $80 for the extra gain, tone stack and 'verb in the Blues Jr. If you can afford that, I recommend doing the same. If you can't, the Pro is a good amp that you can keep in your arsenal forever, but may wish to suppliment with an EQ and gain pedal (for input overdrive).

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@boogieman)
Trusted Member

For an Extra $56.00, MusiciansFreind has a Blem, Blonde Blues Jr. (currently $356, delivered with NO tax). That's how I scored mine and I love it. This amp will crank at just 15 watts. Highly recomend, plus, the blonde version is sweet!!!!

Trey

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Many people prefer the Pro Jr. sound to the Blues Jr. (and visa versa). Either way, the Pro Jr. is a very nice amp for the price, particularly for blues/rock/country lead. It has a great basic sound and sings nicely and still has some of the Fender sparkle. Your distortion would be mostly limited to crunch, so you would need to consider a pedel if you wanted more gritty distortion.
The Blues Junior is a somewhat more versatile amp. Sometimes that's nice to have.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

The Pro Junior is one of Fender's all-time great amps. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

The Pro Junior has a different tone than the Blues Junior. I have heard it is more similar to a Marshall tone.

Pro Junior owner's swear by this amp, so it must be pretty great. And the simplicity of the amp is really one of it's greatest features. Just plug your guitar in, dial in a tone you love, and play away. Simple.

If you are into Blues, Country or Classic Rock, I say go for it.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

The Pro Junior is one of Fender's all-time great amps. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

The Pro Junior has a different tone than the Blues Junior. I have heard it is more similar to a Marshall tone.

Pro Junior owner's swear by this amp, so it must be pretty great. And the simplicity of the amp is really one of it's greatest features. Just plug your guitar in, dial in a tone you love, and play away. Simple.

If you are into Blues, Country or Classic Rock, I say go for it.

I'm glad to hear that because MINE will be here on Wednesday... :P

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I had some great mp3's from a blues Jr and a pro. Their impressive amps. You'll have a great time with it.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

i have a pro jr, killer tone. The simplicity of the circut is what makes for the killer tone. Crank it up and it sounds marshall like.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

NEZTOK

WooHoo! A new amp. :D

That's fantastic. You know we expect a full review when you get it.

You are allowed to play through the amp for one hour first. 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

NEZTOK
That's fantastic. You know we expect a full review when you get it.

One Word: Awesome!

My Epiphone Les Paul Standard now sounds ALIVE! Something an older (10 years) 40 watt Marshall valvestate couldn't ever do (DEAD AND COLD.) I've played my Gibson Acoustic 90% of the time in the past. So far, I'm beginning to think that might lower...

I'll keep you posted! :lol:

ReplyQuote