Notifications
Clear all

Help with Peavey XR600B Power Mixer

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bertmand)
Topic starter  

I have a Peavey XR600B. I've been over and over the manual, and still can't figure out how to run the signal through an external rack (compressor, graphic, and BBE Sonic Maximizer) and then back into the amp. The manual is techno-babble; surely written by an engineer who didn't do well in English composition. Does anyone know how to accomplish my objective.

I think it has something to do with "Effects Out" and "Power Amp In," but I'm afraid of blowing up my rack.

I would appreciate any help.

(@diceman)
Reputable Member

To use your outboard effects you need to go out of the "MAIN" output (Q) into your outboard effect(s) input and then from your outboard effects output into the "POWER AMP" input (X) . You could also use the "R" output the same way as the "Q" if you wanted to process the monitor system instead of the main . Another option would be to use the 9-band onboard EQ for the monitor system by connecting the monitor out (R) to the EQ in (T) then going from the EQ out (U) into an external powered speaker or amp and speaker system . To use the effect output , go from "S" to the input of an effects device (REVERB , ECHO , ETC.) and out of the effects unit into the AUX input (W) .

There are other options . If for instance you didn't want to compress everything , you could separate the compressor from the chain and use it in the effects loop and the EQ and Sonic Maximizer could be fed by the "MAIN" output . Personal taste will determine how you wind up doing it . I hope I didn't confuse you anymore than you already are .

P.S. I believe the "footswitch" jack will disconnect either the effect output or the aux input so that you can turn off an effect you might be using while talking between songs .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@bertmand)
Topic starter  

Dear Diceman,

Thank you so very much.

bertmand :D

ReplyQuote