Clear all

How to Plug in aV-Amp?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've been using my V-Amp for about two years by plugging it into the active input on my amp, a Fender Princeton Chorus.

I know that I could put it through the effects loop and bypass the amps eq. but I don't know which is supposed to sound better.

The amp has Mono Send and Return aswell as Stereo Send and Return. How do I plug the V-Amp into the effects loop prperly? I would run two cables, one each out of the left and right outputs on the V-Amp. How do they connect to the loop though?

Thanks!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

(@Anonymous)

I've been using my V-Amp for about two years by plugging it into the active input on my amp, a Fender Princeton Chorus.

I know that I could put it through the effects loop and bypass the amps eq. but I don't know which is supposed to sound better.

The amp has Mono Send and Return aswell as Stereo Send and Return. How do I plug the V-Amp into the effects loop prperly? I would run two cables, one each out of the left and right outputs on the V-Amp. How do they connect to the loop though?

Thanks!

Plugging it into the instrument input is a bit redundant. The V-Amp already has a preamp so you won't want it going through your amp's preamp. You could use the slave, send/return, or if there is a line in/out on the back of your amp. Mine goes to my mixer first then from the "control Room" jacks on the mixer to the Slave input of the amp. My amp is nothing more than a poweramp. I don't want to use it's effects. I am adding my own.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I remember your diagram, showing your setup so I understand your setup fairly well, but why do you go to the mixer before the amp?

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I remember your diagram, showing your setup so I understand your setup fairly well, but why do you go to the mixer before the amp?

Since my amp is nothing more than a poweramp it's just there as amplified speakers so I can hear myself playing. Actually, with the V-Amp you don't even NEED an amp. Just plug your headphones into the v-amp directly and you're set.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

^So it's just to hear yourself. I thought that but I wasn't sure if that was it.

ReplyQuote