Skip to content
I have a chance to ...

Notifications
Clear all

I have a chance to buy an Orange amp - any opinions?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@pilot)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have to preface this by saying (a) I haven't laid eyes on it yet, and (b) don't know exactly which model it is. I know it's a 30 watt solid-state, single 10" driver, and that's about it. Helpful, eh? :)

However, the purchase would be from a good friend of mine at work who is selling some of his stuff to fund new gear. He's been playing for years and has a fairly high opinion of the amp himself, he's just dumping it along with some other things to get...well, bigger and better things. :D

Does anyone have any direct experience with this brand? I'm probably going to go to his place on Friday afternoon with one of my guitars to try it out, but I'm just curious to see if anyone's played through these before and what they thought. Thanks!

(edit) After looking at some online, I'm guessing it's the CR30R model, given the fact that it's a standalone and he's only asking $150 for it.

(@alangreen)

Hiya,

Orange are very very good, and they've also got a less pricey range called "Crush" - orange crush, geddit?

Check it out to make sure it works, and you won't be disappointed.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@greatone_12)

the amp you will be getting will probably be in the orange crush series because those are the only solid state amps they make i know the rockerverb and ad series get great reviews but i don't know about the crush series look at their website and ask someone on the fourm there

ReplyQuote