Clear all

live switching

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@wishiwasthebest)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

okay, so heres the situation, i am trying to find a system to be able to switch between loops. for lack of a better knowledgable word.

i want to have, say,
this button, is "pedal a" "pedal d" clean amp channel engaged.
then if i hit a different button it is pedal d, pedal b, dirty amp channel.
and many other variants of that.

basically, when i switch sounds, i want to be able to switch sounds quickly n cleanly....one button switches it all, instead of me try to do a tap dance, sing, and play guitar at the same time.

im sure you all have a solution to this...care to inform!?

RIP Dimebag

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

wishiwasthebest

Most multi-effects pedals will do this. My Zoom GFX-1 will do this. It is actually a budget pedal. The more expensive units will even do more.

My pedal has four footswitches A, B, C, and D

I can have a clean Fender modeler under A. I can add any effect like reverb or delay.

I can have B programmed with the same Fender clean modeler. But I could have tremelo instead of reverb or delay.

Under C I can have a good overdrive with maybe the gain turned down. Perhaps some chorus and delay.

And then under D I could have a good lead distortion with lots of gain and a fast echo type delay.

Most of these pedals can be programmed like this. Most will allow you to pick from a variety of clean sounds or distortions. Effects can be added or deleted. Most provide a variety of effects like chorus, phase, tremelo, whammy, wah, echo, delay, reverb and many others.

Many also provide a footpedal that can be used as a volume pedal, wah, or to control an effect like the speed of tremelo, or the depth of chorus.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@pootie439)

Must agree with Wes

I also use a Zoom FX1 and it makes life so easy. Four patches in every bank and change banks up and down with one foot it's a doddle, every patch can be altered to include up to nine effects parameters ( I seem to remember ) Plus you can change to several amp simulations in any patch at the turn of a knob.
I think I paid about £65 for mine. Solid metal casing and almost indistructible. plus you can add an expression pedal to alter the patch parameters in real time. I leave the real hard work to our lead guitarist but I can change from an acoustic on a Norha Jones to A Les Paul on Wishing well without breaking a sweat.

Pootie

ReplyQuote