Notifications
Clear all

Mackie CFX12

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@kfreeman)
Topic starter  

I got this new mixer, now it may be me, but i couldn't get sound out of my mains. I got a monitor sound and power levels from everything but no main sounds? Any ideas?

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Check the mute buttons

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@kfreeman)
Topic starter  

Tried that, actually i tried almost everything i could think of.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I got this new mixer, now it may be me, but i couldn't get sound out of my mains. I got a monitor sound and power levels from everything but no main sounds? Any ideas?

Well, try all of the cables. If you connect your main-out to the monitor amp, does it work? Vice versa? Also check for EQ master levels.

This is the most annoying type of problem, but it usually turns out to be something simple and overlooked. Occasionally, it really is broken.

ReplyQuote
(@kfreeman)
Topic starter  

I had monitors, but no mains. I literally switch out the mixer for a different one so i know it wasn't the cables. I am trouble shooting now, hopefully it's not broken.

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member

well i'm not calling you an stupid or anything i actually own the CFX20 I had this problem a bit. did you assign the channels to 1-2 with the buttons, then turn up the subgroups sliders to 0 and then turn your main mix up to 0 see if that works... it was my problem. Its to a me a bad design as far as the board goes. give it a shot.

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

ReplyQuote