6 Users
0 Likes
(@heelsy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Is this a Good Amp?
???
http://www.marshallamps.com/images/avt2000/avt275.html

If I bought this it would be a giant leap from my small G30R CD Marshall. I think these a fairly new and there are not alot of good user reviews on them, thats why Im asking for you help.

Im going for the classic acdc rock sound, so I figured Marshall is where I need to be.

If Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect.. Why practice?

(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

I see that model is one of their "Valvestate" series... meaning they emulate valve (also known as tube) amps.  I know that the Peavey "Transtube" series does the same and is definately better then most solid state amps.

Looks like it has alot of bells and whistles on it, and would be good for that AC/DC sound you are going for.

Off course if you really want the AC/DC sound... "For Those About to Rock" > British made Marshall tube amps.

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Music "Theory"? "It's not just a theory, it's the way it is!"

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
(@stock28)
Estimable Member

I checked out the ATV line when I was shopping for a new amp. They sound pretty good but still don't match or really even come close to matching a true tube amp as they claim. If you are trying to stay in that price range I think you would probably be happy with it, just don't expect true tube overdrive tone with it. For that you would have to step up to the TSL of DSL line, but they are about double the price.

ReplyQuote
(@heelsy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Dang, I was all hyped up & excited about that new amp..  but you guys put me off!  heh thanx for the advice anyways..

Hmm.. I dunno what to do now...

ReplyQuote
(@stock28)
Estimable Member

Don't let it put you off. Go to your local dealer and play through it. It may be exactly what you want. Only you can decide that. A lot depends on how much you want or are able to spend. For the money, I thought they were fine amps, just not the true tube sound I was looking for. But then I ended up puting out over a grand for a new amp.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Why not make it easy for yourself. Answer these questions and I am sure you'll see what to do:

1) Are you sure you actually need a new amp?
2) What is the most money you can spend?
3) Which amp in that pricerange do YOU like most?
4) Is this amp a lot better then your current one, or will it be a small improvement?

This is all that matters. You are the only one that can answer them.

Good luck :D

ReplyQuote
(@heelsy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Good points!

Cheers Guys.

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Also keep in mind that there's usually a rack either back stage,beside the stack or at the mixing console that probably has something to do with that classic sound. Sometimes all it takes is a little compression and some slight eq to give your sound that extra crunch and punch. You don't have to own a rack of effects just two or three pedals will do and maybe some advice from an experienced sound guy or a touring guitarist.  A lot of the time the sound you hear in the audience is coming from a p.a. so you don't hear directly what's coming out of the amp. The mic, the room the p.a. and the engineer can all affect the sound that you hear. A lot of times this is why it's so difficult to "make my amp sound like that".

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@kronos)

i use the marshall VS265 2-12 130watts 3channel an i love it! i think it sounds killer! i am also a big marshall fan

ReplyQuote