Clear all

marshall class 5

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rwagn182)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

hello, i am looking to get a marshall class 5 combo amp and want to use it live. the only problem is it has a 16 ohm output and i want to use an 8 ohm cab. is there a way to change the marshalls output impedance so i can use an 8 ohm cab? thank you

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

It would probably be easier to re-wire the speaker cabinet to be 16 ohm, than to modify the amp.

Do you already have a speaker cab that you plan to use with the Marshal? What is it?

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@rwagn182)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

no i dont, i just wanted to rewire it to 8 ohm because my other amp has an 8 ohm out put as well. 16 ohm cabinets are harder to find in the 300-400 price range than 8 ohm also

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

hello, i am looking to get a marshall class 5 combo amp and want to use it live. the only problem is it has a 16 ohm output and i want to use an 8 ohm cab. is there a way to change the marshalls output impedance so i can use an 8 ohm cab? thank you

How are you with a soldering iron, electronic component schematics, and output transformer swaps?

it would probably save time, effort, and money to simply trade in the 8 ohm cab for a 16 ohm cab. Plus , you wouldn't void the warranty on your new amp.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote