Clear all

Marshall hendrix reissue

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@theangelkiss)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey, I might be purchasing a Marshall JCM (i think) Hendrix Reissue 1/2 stack, of a friend of a friend, and was wondering if anyone has played one, or has one. Just looking for some feedback.

Also, if I were to purchase it, Ive heard they have pretty good gain, and distortion, but I was wondering, if I were to get a pedal, what would I need for some heavy, crunchy, Pantera type sound out of it?
Thanks for any info.

Edit: Heres a pic:

(@theangelkiss)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

No one has any input?... :(

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Don't buy it until you've played it - you'll know then what it can and can't do.

A "sound" is created by a combination of several things - the major one being the guitarist, not his gear. If you do buy the amp, try different pedals until you find one that makes the kind of sound you're looking for - when you play

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@theangelkiss)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah I will for sure. Ill spend a couple hours messing around till I find the sound im looking for.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Well, I read in guitarworld that Zack Wylde (guitarist for ozzy and lead singer/guitarist for Black Label Society) uses Marshall's and overdrives them to get an AC-DC type sound, then he goes from there and uses an overdrive pedal to make it even heavier... if you're interested in that sort of heavy, overdriven sound then I would say try that out. However, if you're looking for a REALLY heavy sound, then a distortion pedal would probably be the way to go.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@theangelkiss)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah man, Im thinking it can be done. Thanks for the help

ReplyQuote