Clear all

Marshall MG100HDFX Head/MG412 Cab

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

anyone have any experience with this amp, is it good?

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Funny, I just got back from running sound for some friends of mine that have a metal band. This is exactly the equipment the guitar player was using. For guitars he had a Jackson and Ibanez.

I was not overly impressed with the sound. It was a little harsh. But it wasn't the amp, it was the guitarist's settings.

It definitely sounded Marshall. It cut through pretty good on lead which was surprising. I have always thought Marshall amps sound best for rhythm guitar. They tend to drop out on lead. But I could hear this well.

I think great sounds are possible out of this amp.

My 2 cents

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

Haven't played it but I heard one being played and was not impressed. It's Marshall's low end model and if you are giong to get a Marshall, at least get partial tube through the AVT.

I looked into this model not long ago, but passed just after hearing it, not even playing it

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@heelsy)
Trusted Member

I have an MG100DFX head & a 200 watt AVT cab..
I have an epi les paul.
I love it.
Its prolly not the best amp in the world, but for me it was well worth the cash I payed for it. the effects aren't half bad either..

Check out Harmony-Central's user reviews..

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Marshall/

:D

If Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect.. Why practice?

ReplyQuote