Clear all

Microphone advice?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Im looking for a microphone for practice, but primarily for recording. I'd like one that is pretty flexible. Does anyone know of any cheap, but high quality mics?

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Im looking for a microphone for practice, but primarily for recording. I'd like one that is pretty flexible. Does anyone know of any cheap, but high quality mics?

Shure SM-57. It's about the closest thing to a "Swiss Army Knife" you'll find in a mic.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

It's so much money though...

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Behringer has some knock offs of the 57 but man you should consider scrounging up the $150 at most for the 57 it's an investment that you'll use. Behringer also has a condensor for about $50 CDN. For that you'll need phantom power on your mixer or recording unit or if need be you can also get a DI box from Behringer which has phantom power for about $50 Cdn in which case you've spent $100 and might have found a used SM 57 for around $60. Just my two bits.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote