Skip to content
Might as well conti...

Notifications
Clear all

Might as well continue the trend...I got a Fender Blues Jr!

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

As an early Christmas present my parents chipped in to help me buy a Fender Blues Jr! :) The place I went to charged $480 but I negotiated a bit and got the price down to $450, and got $50 for my Roland 15X Cube (I only paid $60 for it!). So I got the Blues Jr for $400. It's brand new too, an 06 or 07 model.

And wow, this amp is amazing. Already I feel my playing improving just because it sounds so damn good and I've only had it for roughly 4 hours now. The amp has so much flexibility it's just crazy.

The "clean channel" (master at 12, volume where you want) so sounds bluesy...very nice, can get such great blues tones out of it. Very nice. Pop on the fat switch and you get a nice soft overdrive, which I like.

But if you put the volume at max and master wherever you want...with the fat switch on you get a Marshall sound, just like Wes described in some topics. Without ANY pedals I can get that sound I love from the 60s and 70s. What a sound this amp gives you and a wide variation of sounds you can get with it.

No negatives at all. I can't think of any. Sounds good loud, sounds good soft. I recommend this for anyone who wants a cheap in price, yet great in sound tube amp.

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congrats Kevin, enjoy your new toy! 8)

You guys are giving me serious GAS though! :mrgreen:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Couldn't wait for Christmas eh?

Enjoy your new amp!

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Couldn't wait for Christmas eh?

Enjoy your new amp!
Well my music store wouldn't have let me trade in the amp anytime after Christmas or close to it. And they've been selling their Fender Blues Jr's like mad...so I don't want to risk they're out of stock when it's time to make the deal, or at the time they won't buy the amp.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats! Something about that Fender tube tone.... 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Congrats! Something about that Fender tube tone.... 8)

Tru Dat!
congrats on the Jr. :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

GOOD TIMES!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member