Notifications
Clear all

More Deeper Sound

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@99blueoval)
Topic starter  

I got a fender starcaster with an amp that came with it how do i get a more of a rock and roll sound or deeper sound in it?

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Blue Oval? Bo you have a '99 Mustang? Blue Ovals are Fords or sometimes F-150's. :D

Welcome! So, about the guitar. It should be okay. I think you just need a bigger amp, and something that cranks it out, or moves some air. Watts aren't the main thing because many little amps deliver well if they have tubes, even without a big speaker. Also, a Blues Junior has 15 watts, plus a big 12" speaker.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@99blueoval)
Topic starter  

Ok so you makes the best amp without spending alot?

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

What do you mean by deeper sound? Can you point us to a youtube clip or something where a particular type of sound is being made you wish to emulate as an example? Sometimes these deep tones are not just amp, but also technique.

What kind of amp came with it? What knobs & buttons does it have?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@99blueoval)
Topic starter  

i would like it to sound like the begininig part of van halens humans being, the amp is a sp.10 fender

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

i would like it to sound like the begininig part of van halens humans being, the amp is a sp.10 fender

Ahhh...another fan of "the brown sound"... :D

With the Fender amp you have, you may need to use an O.D. pedal, something to give you that crunch.I am a hugh fan of EVH sound; I personally use a Behringer Modeling amp that allows me to duplicate (closely) that >brown< sound.

For the record, Van Halen is tuned to Eb, which is common for their music. This song is in Eb.

ReplyQuote