Skip to content
Nasty scratching so...

Notifications
Clear all

Nasty scratching sound from my Washburn Bad-Dog.

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

My Washburn amp has been producing this sustained scratchy/buzzy noise. It isnt regulated by the volume or gain knobs at all. It is constantly ringing no matter what tonal adjustments I make. It never did this before. Anybody know what it is and how to stop it?

Thanks.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

VooDoo,

This may help. I had something similar happen yesterday.

My Peavey Classic 30 was making a scratchy/buzzing noise yesterday - mainly with the reverb up all the way :?

I checked all my settings and connections with no success.

Turned out to be my cell phone sending a signal to the tower. As you may know the cell phone signal is strong enough to drive any speaker if close enough.

I shut the dang thing off (didn't need it while playing anyhow) and the noise went away.

B.S. :D

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey Bob,

Thanks buddy. I'll give that a try. I've got a radio and a couple of cellular phones in that room actually. Thanks again.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Could also be a sign that the speaker is getting bad.

Joe

ReplyQuote