Clear all

New Amp

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@grant_1991)
Topic starter  

Right, firstly guys, i'm new.. so hey!

I have been playing for a few years now, through beginners fender amp, and have decided I need a new amp that will be suitable for live performance, small venues etc. My price range is anything up to £350, although I understand with amps price isn't everything.

I have been hopping between the ideas of either a Vox AC30VR, or a Peavey Vypyr 100. Any thoughts/experiences on any of these models? Or any other amps that people would personally recommend to me within my price range. I am currently playing a Epiphone Dot, mainly sway towards a clean sound with slight reverb, but would also like to experiment with other sounds also (which makes me slightly swayed towards the Peavey amp).

So, any suggestions? :)

(@alangreen)

Anything by Vox is excellent. Within your price range though, don't discount good old Marshall - I have a MG30DFX and wouldn't swap it for anything.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I have a Peavey VYPYR 75 and I love it. I can't say enough good things about it.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote