new amp advice wanted

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi Guys,

Currently looking for a new valve amp (tube amp as most of you would say :roll: )

Have narrowed my search down to the following :

Laney VC30
Peavey Classic
Fender HRD (but dont think its what I'm after)

If you own any of the above or something similar (ie,30w valve combo) I would love to hear your opinions.

Many Thanks

Bob.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

there are several Peavey Classics. the most common is the Classic 30 112 (1, 12' driver) has many fans, even among Fender aficionados. I bought a Classic 50 410 (4, 10" drivers) about ten years ago. In store listening tests quickly sold me on it: in its price range, it easily beat out the completing Fender tube amps. the Hot Rod Deluxe and Hot Rod Deville, both had very flabby sounding bass in comparison.

but, were I to do it again, I'd probably go for a Classic 30 112 instead. I still have the Classic 50, but typically choose my Blues Junior instead due to easier-to-handle size and weight. and the Peavey is much louder than I normally ever need. it's a monster.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Gnease,

Its the Classic 30w 112 Iv'e been looking at.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I own the Classic 30 112 and I love it. Right now I'm kind of infatuated with my new Peavey modeling amp I just got but over all my Classic 30 is the best amp I own.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote