Clear all

New Amp for around £50

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@adamjblakey)
Topic starter  

Hi,

I want to buy an amp for my new guitar but don't know what to buy and don't want to spend around £50.

It will be only used for house use.

Cheers,
Adam

(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

You could look at small Behringer amps - the GM108 and the AC 108 are great little amps for the money. Ive just got my Daughter an Ashdown G20R from Sound Control for £50 - superb quality build, spring reverb, LOUD :twisted: and great looks. The clean sound is superb, the push-button-in overdrive less so - nothing that a cheap OD stomp box couldnt cure.

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'd suggest looking in second-hand shops if you're on a restricted budget. I recently picked up a small Park (10W) amplifier for £15 - not too bad on the clean channel, and a huge range of overdrive with the two gain knobs. Perfect for the box room! Maybe not too great in the looks department - it's been around the block a time or two! - but hell, what do you want for £15!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'd suggest looking in second-hand shops if you're on a restricted budget. I recently picked up a small Park (10W) amplifier for £15 - not too bad on the clean channel, and a huge range of overdrive with the two gain knobs. Perfect for the box room! Maybe not too great in the looks department - it's been around the block a time or two! - but hell, what do you want for £15!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

I concur with that Vic- that little park of yours has a fine rock voice and they go on evilbay for silly money. I saw a G25 recently go for about £15!!!

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

ReplyQuote