Clear all

Not this question again please!!!!!

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

im sorry guys. it is another lead tone question. i do promise however that i did do a search of other threads before i wrote this. - but none exactly answered my question.
my problem is this (although you do not need to watch the clip to answer my question) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-1beUa7mU&feature=channel_page .

This link was posted in hear here (a first practice run through)and dogbite quite rightly pointed out that my tone, was, well - pants, and i totally agree with him (lead begins at 3:13 if you feel you need to hear the problem).
since then i have played and played with my gear but cant seem to fix it.

This maybe a cop out but i just need a good place to begin - i have a boss ME 50 - so lots of possible overdrive/distortion pedals, lots of chorus, delay compression and other tone possibilities.

I would happily divorce my wife and marry anybody who could tell me what settings they have on their lead tone which i could get close to with my boss floorboard :lol: Anything to give me a good frame of reference on which to expermiment.

my amp, well i tend to leave that as neutral as possible, with all settings at 12 oclock, although i have obviously tinkered with the settings in my attempt to get something that works.

i do realise that having people constantly ask "how do i get a good tone" can be very annoying - and i do apologise. so can i just ask - "for anybody who loves their lead tone, can you tell me what effects you use on it please?, and also how strong the effect setting is"
im not sure what the distortion/overdrive models i havde on this floorboard are but there are about 16, and an equally heafty number of modulation effects - so i know that lack of brain cells rather than lack of "pedals" is my problem.

thanks in advance for the help on this very much repeated question.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Have you fiddled with many of the settings on your unit yet? You'd thingk there's gotta be something on there, eh?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

i have fiddled for hours at a time. the problem is i suppose i have a poor ear for tone, people tend not to like what i come up with (me included)

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Wow. Odd. At any rate, I'm trying to think who else on here uses that. I use the GT-10, so I'm no good to you. Wes Inman, maybe? Maybe they can step forward and suggest a group of settings.

Is there a forum for the users like the gt-10 people have? I just looked around for 20 minutes and found none. I find that odd. I Googled "Boss ME-50 Forums" and got a bunch of people looking for patches and forums. It's like a lot of ghosts or souls wondering around, leaving themselves only with their me-50's and the keen sense of their aloneness in the universe.

Or, the answer may have been on page 4. In that case, my bad.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

thanks anyway. this has given me an idea though - there is a post your gear sticky somewhere on this site if i remember - could there be a "post your settings" sticky, that would be a great frame of reference for people? 8)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Seems to me it's been done.

Guess it wasn't sticky.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote