Pedal board recommendations, please?

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Due to a sudden ebay induced GAS attack, I am shortly going to be owning three pedals (existing Danelectro eq, Danectro Daddy O, and a mint Boss CE-5 chorus). I am looking to get either a Boss BD-2 or an Ibanez TS9 as well. I don't like to have a wire sphagetti; also, I would like to have all of this powered by a single power supply. Can you recommend a pedal board or case for this purpose? It will be used pretty much only at home, so it does not have to be very durable or transportable.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

(PS. Since the demands on this pedal board are pretty light, I am hoping to spend under $50 -- is this realistic?)

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Check these out from Rondo:
http://www.rondomusic.net/pedalcases.html
They're pretty inexpensive, and look pretty good.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Dan

Those are pretty nice. I recently ordered one of the Core pedalboards from MF with the free 1 Spot adapter. I like it, but I could have gotten one of these and the 1 Spot seperately for less.

Here is another option, the Pinnacle Powered Pedalboard. I own one of these (you'll see I did a review). It is really pretty nice, powers up to 6 pedals. Mine works great and has no noise issues whatsoever. The carrying case is nice as well, has a big pocket I carry guitar cords, extra strings.... But what I like best is no need to buy a seperate power supply.

The Pinnacle was out of stock when I wanted to order, so I went with the Core.

Pinnacle Powered Pedalboard

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the recommendations. I would like to get one with the power supply as well, looks like the pinnacle is a good option.

--vink

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member

try the BOSS pedal board, holds 6 pedals all powered by a single source, which is hard wired to the board, and comes with all the short cables you need to hook it up.. ii love mine you can re arrange setups for bigger of smaller pedals, also house stereo out which is a cool feature if you using a super chorus like me i love that stereo effect,

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

try the BOSS pedal board <snip> house stereo out which is a cool feature if you using a super chorus like me i love that stereo effect,

I'll check that out as well, thanks. I am getting the super chorus, have to figure out how to put that stereo out to good use ....

--vink

ReplyQuote
(@nhboy)
Eminent Member

Me and my bandmates actually built a pedal board for me. I have six pedals, one of them being a wah. What we did is went and bought a couple pieces of 2x4, some other smaller pieces of wood, a cheap surge protector, and a spot power adaptor with a daisy chain. We then set up a triangle type shape with the wood and now i can power all my electronics from this board. It's pretty cool

ReplyQuote
(@hoop71)
Trusted Member

i know gator makes so cool powered cases, they are great unzip, set down and zip back up its that easy. I have problems finding one to fit what i have, i use a line 6 DL4 Stomp Box 3 Boss pedals and a Wah so the space goes fast any suggestions?

"my choice is what i choose to do
and if i'm causing no harm
it shouldn't bother you
your choice is who you choose to be
and if your causin' no harm
then you're alright with me"
~Ben Harper

ReplyQuote