Placement of Effect...

Notifications
Clear all

Placement of Effects Pedals in Chain?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Are there any rules for setting up an effects chain in regards to placement of the pedals? I know that EQ's can go anywhere and I believe effects such as Chorus, Delay, Reverb, etc go at the end. Does a Compressor go before or after distortion/overdrive pedals? Here is how I have mine set up currently:

FAB Distortion>Pastrami Overdrive>Fish & Chips EQ>Surf & Turf Compressor>FAB Chorus ( I just LOVE the names Danelectro gave their pedals!!! LOL!)

I have the following ordered and arriving starting tomorrow:

Daddy-O Overdrive
Fab Tone Distortion
PB&J Delay
Behringer Amp Selector

The Daddy-O Overdrive may replace the Pastrami on based on when I have heard it sounds like. THe Fab Tone Distortion is supposed to have more of a 60's type tone...the FAB Distortion I currently have has an Angus Young tone to it (very nice at just below half way). I believe the Behringer Amp Selector really doesn't go in the chain directly. It will just switch between my amp or V-Amp as the preamp.

Do I have the right idea with my set up?

I'll tell you, these Danelectro pedals are SWEET! They really sound nice and based on most of the reviews I read they sound just as good as some of the High-end Boss pedals ( I have never heard any Boss pedals so I have nothing to compare it to.). Plus at these prices for the Danelectros they are a steal AND Music123 has a special running with free shipping on all effects. You can't beat that!!

Thanks for the help.