Clear all

pop punk marshall

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

hey , I am getiting the marshall mg100 hdfx. I know some people dont think its a good amp to use with pop punk but I quite like the power it gives me and the nice crisp high ends. I havent played with it very much yet and I was wondering what settings youd recommend to achieve a pop punk kinda tone and whether to use the OD1 or OD2. thanx
so ...pop punk settings for marshall mg100 hdfx
thanx , casper

(@heelsy)
Trusted Member

Your gonna need a cabinet with that you know.

If Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect.. Why practice?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

yeah yeah im getting the box and the head,,,,so any suggestions?

ReplyQuote
(@stock28)
Estimable Member

How much is that set going to cost you? Do you really need a 100 watt half stack? Might I suggest you look into a 50 or 60 watt 2X12 tube combo amp. May not be that much more cash and would give you a lot better sound. Not to mention much more portable.

ReplyQuote
(@kronos)

i use a marshall vs265 2-12 130watts an it sound good for what u wanna play! u get starter settings for your music style an if your using humbuckers or single then u can tweak them

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

its gonna cost , well should cost 1800 australian , but I got it down to 1200 australian which is an amazing price. I have a 60 watt amp now and its not loud enough. whats that amp your talking about kronos !? is that a head and a cab !?!?!? CASPER

ReplyQuote