Clear all

Question on 9A pinout

17 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Someone who knows what a 9A pinout is may be able to help with this one. If I get any nibbles, I'll post all the gory details, but for now, let me just say it's a tube-to-socket, nine pins/ten holes dilemma. :?:
Anyone want to take a stab at it?
Thanks.

--
Doug

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Sounds like you maybe subsituting tubes.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi, Joe--
Sounds like you maybe subsituting tubes.Nope, just needed a magnifying glass to get a better look at that socket. Turns out that what I thought was a tenth hole was either a nasty pit in the ring where the holes are, or maybe the socket was made with ten but the one with no connection didn't get filled properly. Anyway, once I looked at it reeeeally close , the problem resolved itself. (Kinda looked like this when it dawned on me. [Expletives deleted])
All three tubes are in their respective sockets, and it works beautifully.

So, how long do I have to wear this Toob Noob hat?

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Doug, you put that out for the whole world to see.

I'm like... :lol:

I'd say you'll suffer enough once you had 100+ views on this post.

Nothing more needs to be said.

ROFL...... :shock: ooops. :oops: sorry.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

ROFL...... :shock: ooops. :oops: sorry.Hey, settle down, or we'll put some of your noob pictures on the 'Net. :wink:
Gotta love the learning process. Without we'd be, um, stumps. Yeah, that's it.
Like the one guy on GuitarNuts says, "If it's low voltage, experiment; it probably won't kill you!" (WARNING: Not applicable to tube amps.)
8)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Three tools every do-it-yourself tube amp tech should own:

A light

A mirror

And a wrench to pull that sucker out!

:D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Three tools every do-it-yourself tube amp tech should own:
, Wes.

I had the ol' two-LED headband light on, but all three tube sockets are under the chassis, and that one is tucked up into one corner of the cab. Couldn't find a dental mirror, or my larger inspection mirror, so I finally decided to risk getting my head stuck in the cab. (Wouldn't my friends on the fire department have loved that call. ) I think I even got a magnifying glass into operation. (Hey, even Eric Clapton is wearing bifocals these days, but he probably doesn't have to mess with DIY projects, either.)
Hey, "if it was too easy, (blah blah blah)." :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Doug

That would be pretty funny if your head got stuck and you had to call all your buddies to extract you. I am sure you see that type of thing from time to time.

You've heard of people getting stuck in jail? This guy only wishes he were that lucky, he is stuck out of jail. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Looks like he was put in that position and someone is liking him being there. :shock:

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Never thought of that.

That is a very vulnerable position to be in in jail isn't it? :shock:

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Never thought of that.

That is a very vulnerable position to be in in jail isn't it? :shock:

One word comes to mind....

PAROLE....NOW!!!!! Ok, two words.

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Gives a new meaning to "hard time" doesn't it?

You know, we are going to get in trouble if we keep going with this. :D

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Two more words: "Duct tape." Around the ears, so he can slide his noggin back to where the rest of him is.
You know, we are going to get in trouble if we keep going with this. :DYeah, the rest of you kids stop laughing. It just encourages Wes and Bish. :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Two more words: "Duct tape." Around the ears, so he can slide his noggin back to where the rest of him is.
You know, we are going to get in trouble if we keep going with this. :DYeah, the rest of you kids stop laughing. It just encourages Wes and Bish. :lol:

Guilty....oh so busted. But this is my first offense. I think. Probation, right? None of that bar scene...errr...bars scene. Ummm you know what I mean.

Has this hit a hundred views yet so we can move on? :lol:

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Has this hit a hundred views yet so we can move on? :lol:I think I just bumpred it up to 86 or so. Do we win something when it hits 100? Do I get to take off the noob hat? Will my Mid-Life Crisis about being a rock star (minus the big hair and Spandex, okay?) be realized?
Tune in tomorrow to hear Bish and Wes say (not exactly in unison) . . .

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2