Notifications
Clear all

Recording guitar and vocals

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jeremy9392)
Topic starter  

HOw can I record guitar with distortion onto the computer without sounding like crap. I"d also like something for vocals too. I'll buy software or w/e just tell me wut i need.

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Acid Music, Guitar Tracks, Magix Music studio, Cakewalk

or Audacity is free.

ReplyQuote
(@jeremy9392)
Topic starter  

How can I record the music from my guitar to the computer without it sounding bad? Like even when I use distortion it will sound good? The computer micraphone sucks.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Guitar-

Guitar> 1/4 male to 1/4 male cord> distortion pedal> 1/4 male to 1/8 male cord (if you can't find a 1/4 to 1/8 cord, you will need a 1/4 female to 1/8 male adapter)> input on your computers sound card> recording program.

-OR-

Guitar> 1/4 male to 1/4 male cord> distortion pedal> 1/4 male to 1/4 male cord> amp channel> pre-amp out> 1/4 male to 1/8 male cord (adapter)> input on your computers sound card> recording program.

Vocals-

Condenser microphone> XLR male to 1/8 male cord (adapter, if you need to)> input on your computers sound card> recording program.

Note: You will need "phantom power" to power a condenser microphone.

This is if you are recording everything seperately. If you want to do it all together, get a mixer with a couple of channels and also has the "Phantom Power" ability for your condenser microphone.

Hope I didn't lose you anywhere.

Good luck and have fun.

ReplyQuote