8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Anyone have one of these?

http://www.roland.com/products/en/Micro-CUBE/features.html

I seen a guy busking in Sydney with one and it sounded pretty cool also could be fun for the back yard BBQ's

Thanks
Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i have one. i bought it when i wanted to start experimenting with different effects. i use it at home as a practice amp. it's not great but it's not bad but it's not too expensive either. worth getting.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Have one too. It's a much better battery-powered amp than the venerated Pignose (which I also have). Definitely worth it if one needs a go-anywhere, portable on batteries. If not, you can get better tones by spending a bit less and getting a Cube 15 or more for a much better sounding Vox AD15VT.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I have a CUBE 15 and it is a great practice amp to bring places. Small and light enough to take with you, but pretty loud and great distortion.

I don't have an experience with the Micro-Cube, but I've heard good things. It depends on what you are intending. If you are looking for a practice amp, get the Cube 15.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I have the MicroCube I got from eBay for $60. It is a GREAT little amp..only 2 watts but VERY loud and sounds nice. Some cool effects and an input jack for CD player or mp3 Player.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I also must give the MicroCube a big thumbs up. Great little amp that does the job it was built for well. Sturdy, very portable, sounds good, and the battery life is great. Oh, and cheap.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I found the little speaker couldn't handle much bass and would get very "flubby" for lack of a better term. Sounded ok on a high-gain setting ('rectifier' I think) but so-so on the others. Still, it was definitely better than the smallest amps from Crate, Fender, etc. Pretty darned loud for 2 watt solid-state.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well I finally bought one and it is everything everyone said....

GREAT.....

IMHO it sounds better than my Marshall MG15DFX....(well you know what its like when you get a new toy)

Cheers

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote