The New HotRod Deluxe

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@dagwood)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

First,
Thank you Joe and Wes, you guys RULE!! I appreciate all your help and your sharing of your knowledge.

OK, so I barely got any sleep last night after bringing this baby home. I'm so stoked I finally have a real TUBE amp. This thing is sweet. I'm planning a lil Surprise for my neighbors this weekend...HEHEHEHE

A lil AC/DC (opening to Those 'bout to ROCK), then break into a lil bit of BLACK DOG....cranked up to at least four... and I have a long cable so I don't have to stand here in the bedroom and blow my head off with it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Anyhoo I've gotten to know the guys down at the local music store pretty well. I was asking him about putting the EQ infront of the effect, and on a whim I asked if I could perhaps try some of their pedals out, before I buy <wink, wink>, and lo and behold, he gave me Three of them.

CRIKEY!!

They're all BOSS -
1. GE-7 Equalizer
2. Blues Driver BD-2
3. Distortion DS-1

I'm trying them one at a time first. Both in the EFX loop and before the Pre-Amp stage. Interesting effect there. Also all my onboard setting are set straight up.

If your new or relatively new and happen upon this post. This EQ pedal is absolutly amazing. I'm totally floored by how much versatility you could dial up with one of these baby's.

Upside down V - MIDS are FUN
V Shape - Classic meaty tone, but don't push the base and treb too high or the cats and mice will be running.
Slow Curve up with a lil Hump in the mids.. WOW!

Then the Distortion.. Yeah, its distortion, how much to you want? I think I like a bit more 'rectified' sound.
Blues Driver.. Sounds are what I Like.

Now I just started the Pre-Amp Loop with EQ>DISTORTION.
Hallee-looia.. I see the light.

The lawn might not get mowed this weekend....

More later cuz I've yammered on enough for now.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Your welcome. Yes eq's can bring out the most interesting tones.

Sounds like a you'll have a great weekend experimenting and playing with then new toy's.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Dagwood

Congrats on the new amp and pedals!

Here is a site dedicated to the Hot Rod Deluxe. Lots of good info on the HRD, even some suggested EQ settings.

The Unofficial Hot Rod Deluxe Owners Guide

Have fun. 8)

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If I were you I'd go guitar->BD2->Hotrod->EQ->Hotrod, but all kinds of things are possible. I myself would get overdrive/distortion out of the Hotrod&BD2, and get a pure metal pedal for rectified sounds. A pedal that would be perfect for creating all kinds of distortions would be the Mxr M151D Shot, although a simple Boss MT2 or similar might be cool if you just need some basic metal sounds.

Anyway, have fun with the new stuff!

ReplyQuote