Clear all

urghh...bass amp...

18 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 tuk
(@tuk)
Topic starter  

ok well today i got my bass guitar and amp from a friend i brought it for 150 for the 2 and he said its all brand new and his only used it like a few times and yer since me being new i decided to play nirvana-sounds like teen spirit
and as i turned it off i decided naa wat the hell il keep playing and wen i tried to turn it on the blue light didnt come on and it doesnt work and i asked my mate he said dono and yer the guitars brand is a eternity and so is the amp and yer just came on here to see if any 1 can help me.btw i also have a angry father and if he finds out im screwd :mrgreen: so lol yea if u could help me it would be very nice

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Sure you have power in that socket?

Most amps have a power fuse in the back somewhere. Find it and check it. It's hard to find replacement fuses in these small sizes (usually something like 2A.) They have them at electronics stores and music stores that sell amps. (Or online.) Could have a bad power switch or cord.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 tuk
(@tuk)
Topic starter  

how do i chechk if the fuse isnt blown or broken?
and like i said i cant let my dad know..lol

*edit* i chechked the power with a tv cable and also tried it in another power socket

ReplyQuote
 tuk
(@tuk)
Topic starter  

all i have on the back of my bass amp is a button thats called "fuse" but i dont know wat to do about it

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Tuk, I can't help with the bass amp situation, but I'd like to offer luck and best wishes for you brother. You want to try something you seem passionate about! That is a positive thing in life. Hopefully all will turn out well with your father. Just accentuate the positive. You have goals, you have desires, you have passion for something. You want to do something that may seem different to the old man, but the key is you are trying. You may need to make a compromise. You may have to do extra work around the home/house/apartment to balance your want to play bass. Get him to see the positive side of you making an effort. Peace, my fellow musician and don't let the flame of that passion die!!! Rock On!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
 tuk
(@tuk)
Topic starter  

thanks for the support mate i cant play much rite now cuz i goto study for skool but hell i got 2weeks of holidays comeing up
thats alot of bass playing i can do

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That button marked "FUSE" will likely either turn about 1/4 turn counterclockwise and then pull out, or else screw out counterclockwise. The fuse will be a small cylinder of glass with metal ends. There's a tiny, hair-like wire in the middle that will be intact if the fuse is good. I think it likely you'll find the wire broken or missing because it's melted. Some way it'll be marked or the back of the amp will say how many amps the fuse should be rated for. 2A is very common. Go buy a few of those (of the same length as the fuse in your amp), you need spares anyway. The amp just might work when you replace it. If it blows again, there's something wrong inside the amp causing it to draw too much current. It'll need to go to an amp tech if that's the case, you probably won't be able to fix it. If the fuse in it is intact, there's something else wrong. Like I said, perhaps a bad power switch or cord. No disrespect intended, but if you don't know about fuses you probably don't want to start trying to troubleshoot and fix the inner parts of your amp. Find someone who knows how. But a fuse replacement is simple and might be all that's needed.

ReplyQuote
 tuk
(@tuk)
Topic starter  

ok ive turned the button like 1 and a 1/4 times so far but its not popping out
shall i unscrew it from the bak where the nails are
or would i kill myself if i did that lol

ReplyQuote
 tuk
(@tuk)
Topic starter  

it also says
power source 230vas50hz
primary fuse 230c t500mA
model number EGB40
power consumtion 40 watts

if that helps

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

OK, the fuse is 500 mA or 1/2 amp. Just keep unscrewing that fuse cap. Be sure the amp's unplugged. It'll unscrew and pull out, and the little glass tube with metal ends will probably be stuck in the cap when it comes out.

ReplyQuote
 tuk
(@tuk)
Topic starter  

is there any way i can upload pics as a post to show u wat im working with? and i mite get a spanner soon and unscrew it cuz it seems easier

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Shouldn't need a spanner to open a fuse holder.

To post a picture, put it somewhere that hosts photos (I use http://photobucket.com/ ) and put an image link to the URL in your post.

ReplyQuote
 tuk
(@tuk)
Topic starter  

thats the link there mate but its not very clear :?

ReplyQuote
 tuk
(@tuk)
Topic starter  

if u want i can get u some much better clearer pictures

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Huh? That thing's square. I was expecting a round "button." I doubt a square one will turn off. Study it closely. Maybe it just pries out. What kind of amp is it, make and model? There may be a manual online that tells you how to do stuff like change the fuse. But it ought to be pretty straightforward to look at it closely and figure out how it comes off. Don't force anything.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2