Notifications
Clear all

v-amp with peavey

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dcerio)
Topic starter  

First off I want to tell you guys that this website is awesome!! I just started playing guitar in January after playing the drums for 15 years and am having a blast! The knowlage and support here is unbeleviable. Anyway on to my question...I am running a v-amp 2 with my Peavey Special 212. I'm running it straight into the amp on the clean channel. It sounds SWEET. I know there is an fx loop on the back of this amp, but I don't really know how to use it. I guess I want to know if I'm doing any damage to the peavey the way its hooked up now? The volume on the 212 is set about 2 and the master vol. on the v-amp is barely on. Maybe on 1 if it had numbers. It ROCKS!!!! But I don't want to hurt my amp you know. I can turn the master on the v-amp up a little and the vol. on the peavy up a little and its easily heard over the drums and stuff. Am I hurting the peavey? Should I run it thru the fx loop? If I run it thru the loop do I stay on the clean channel? Do I still control the over all vol. with the v-amp? I'm so confused........

(@tricountytrail)
Trusted Member

First off I want to tell you guys that this website is awesome!! I just started playing guitar in January after playing the drums for 15 years and am having a blast! The knowlage and support here is unbeleviable. Anyway on to my question...I am running a v-amp 2 with my Peavey Special 212. I'm running it straight into the amp on the clean channel. It sounds SWEET. I know there is an fx loop on the back of this amp, but I don't really know how to use it. I guess I want to know if I'm doing any damage to the peavey the way its hooked up now? The volume on the 212 is set about 2 and the master vol. on the v-amp is barely on. Maybe on 1 if it had numbers. It ROCKS!!!! But I don't want to hurt my amp you know. I can turn the master on the v-amp up a little and the vol. on the peavy up a little and its easily heard over the drums and stuff. Am I hurting the peavey? Should I run it thru the fx loop? If I run it thru the loop do I stay on the clean channel? Do I still control the over all vol. with the v-amp? I'm so confused........

I like the V-Amp 2 alot. The Peavey will be fine. I have a Peavey Special 130. Even on the clean channel the more you turn up the amp the more it distorts. There are many ways to set up the V-Amp 2 you can bypass the Cabinet option which will get rid of the Cabinet simulation effect. There are alot of buttons to play with to get the sound you like.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction ...and sometimes a scar!

“Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever.”

ReplyQuote
(@tricountytrail)
Trusted Member

See
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12931

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12831

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction ...and sometimes a scar!

“Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever.”

ReplyQuote
(@dcerio)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the info. I've set the v-amp up to disable speaker simulation and it sounds great. As long as I'm not hurting the peavey by running the v-amp straight in I'm happy.

ReplyQuote