Notifications
Clear all

VAMP2 Question

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@roxtar)
Topic starter  

I am new to this so please bare with me if this is just silly...

I like what I have heard about the VAMP2. It seems to do a lot of the things that I want at a reasonable price... Do you have to buy an amp or can you plug it in to say, computer speakers?

Thanks

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Hi and Welcome to the guitarnoise.

I don't have one of those units, but it looks like it has these outs.
Audio Outputs: Line outputs 1/4 in. stereo connector, balanced,
Headphones: 1/4 in. stereo phone jack

I don't see a problem. Amplified speakers are amplified speakers, connecting computer speakers to it other than they may not sound the greatest. I would watch my out volume from the unit so as not to over power the input of the speakers. It can be connected to one or two guitar amps, directly to a mixer, or in your case computer speakers. Best of luck with it.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Yeah Hi and Welcome to the Muscial Mad House.

I have a V-Amp2 and I well it took me a while to get used to the interface, I have enjoyed it very much. I mainly use it with headphones, as a means to practice early mornings. The capabilities are quite remarkable in the variety of tonal textures possible with the unit.

As mentioned earlier, unless you have a higher end computer speaker system, the sound quality won't be very good. I'd suggest getting a plug adapter.. (to a 1/4 inch) and use the head phone jack if your planning on PC speakers. Again I use headphone (high quality) and it sounds great.

Good luck.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The V-amp2 is a basic pre-amp in this aspect, so you can hook it up to any poweramp. You can easily plug it into your soundcard or HiFi set, sound quality depends on the quality of the speakers ofcourse. I often do this when I take my electric guitar with me to someone and I don't feel like lugging an amp around.

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

How long is the delay on switching one of these?

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

It depends. Switching amp/cab usually has a slight delay. Enough to be annoying. I usually keep the same amp for as long as possible, and use presets to instantanously change EQ, drive, boost, and effects. So you'd have a five-channel marshall for one song, a five-channel fender for that song etc. Changing between amps is possible but you do need to time a bti more carefull. Don't be fooled, nearly all modelers in this pricerange has it.

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

I havent looked at much else like this, so I dont know what the delay time usually is. I just know a friend of mine complained that the delay was a bit longer than he had expected.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Can't give you an exact answer as to how long it is, sorry. It's way less then a second and the exact number would probably be so low as to seem unimportant. But when playing it's very obviously there. You just have to experience the joys of delay for yourself.

ReplyQuote
(@roxtar)
Topic starter  

Thank you all for the replies. Very helpful. I will probably be back with more questions...

ReplyQuote