Clear all

vg-88 custom travel case

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Two months ago I saw a custom sized case for the Roland VG-88 multieffects processor.  Some guy was selling it for only about a hundred dollars and looked great/strong.  Now That I own the processor I want to protect it when it goes with me in my car to various places to set up.  I used to put my old processor in an old Army backpack but this new processor is too big and much more expensive.

Anyone have an idea where I could get a case with foam in it so I can travel with this processor?  I don't want to spend more than $150 or so because then I'd build my own.

???

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Musi
(@musi)
Trusted Member

Try looking at ebay

Enter the madness http://www.maggib.tk

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

As a personal choice I like Anvil cases. http://www.anvilcase.com/

I had them make two custom Anvil Forge II cases.
2x12 box's to match the rack case's, their light and sturdy. Also have couple Anvil Briefcase's.

Just a thought.

Joe

PS..
As the other post said E-bay has some anvil cases right now with high bid 10.00=20x17x6.

ReplyQuote
(@tone4days)
Eminent Member

i faced this issue when i got my gr-33 .. how to transport it safely to gigs?

here is my solution .. i went to salvation army and bought a second hand hardshell suitcase for US$7.00 ...

then i went to a home improvement store and bought a package of foam insulating sheets and a roll of duct tape for ~US$8.00 ... i cut the foam to size for a nice snug fit then wrapped each of the foam pieces in duct tape (to keep the foam from flaking) ... the unit fits perfectly into the duct tape / foam pocket and the hardshell suitcase is rigid enough to defend against punctures

it works great .. not flight certified, but just fine for a ride in the backseat or trunk of my car

hope this helps

cheers,
t4d

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I had contemplated making my own since I do carpentry as a hobby but it seems it would cost plenty in hardware and time.  Yet your idea of a suitcase seems reasonable.

I searched on Ebay Sep 19 and again Sep 21st to find a few cases that could fit.  Actual custom case are over $200 so that's ridiculous.  This weekend I had to put it in a black gym bag to transport it.  Not too cool as I banged my garage door with it by accident and the bag has not padding!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

What are the measurements of it?

joe

ReplyQuote