Notifications
Clear all

Wah pedal trouble

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ackvandal)
Topic starter  

I have a Dunlop GCB-95, a really basic wah pedal. I loved using it, but recently it stopped working entirely. I can't get any sound out of it, even when it's bypassed. Is it probably a bad pot? How can I check? If it is the pot
It's not the switch or the battery or anything else. Can I buy a cheaper non-dunlop pot if I need to? I know it's not the switch because I just recently replaced it, and I gave it a fresh battery and plugged it in right. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about this kind of thing, if it is could you suggest somewhere else to ask I would really appreciate it.

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

When you replaced the switch, are you sure all the wires were soldered back the same way as in the original? Sometimes one wire will be forgotten and left hanging, or put back on the wrong terminal.

Same thing with the pot.

I think the Dunlop wah's have a special pot with the gear already attached with a little metal pin. It might be hard to duplicate that with a different pot.

Check all your wiring again - including any wires that may have come off at the input and output jacks - and see if anything changes.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Here's the a Dunlopg CB95 Schematic. Perhaps check your solider joints.

Joe

ReplyQuote